Bad couple of weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Cough, choke, to actually being sick.  It is so grim. Waking up in the night coughing so bad it makes my face and body tingle, my chest feels so tight.!

I had a fright last night whilst eating,  the food wouldn't go down, I started to cough and i actually couldn't breath, i made a sort of hooping sound and had to bring myself back around.....so bad, anyone else have this awful type of sensation?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you are waking up coughing then you might be eating too late, what is the last time you eat?

Next what are you eating. Lots of food trigger reflux and you have to learn what does it for you. e.g. 1 fizzy drink a day ok, more and I suffer

• Posted

Hi, It's a mine field......I just don't know anymore...Yesterday really frighted me.....I actually thought it was by bye to me.....and I don't mean that to sound flipant....

• Posted

I know what you mean, itsthe only time I have ever called a dr out as I thought was having a heart attack. 

I managed mine with PPI BUT eating late is a real no no, so I like to eat at the latest by 7pm, which means I am up for a good 4hrs before I go to bed,  for me along with very spicy food which will cause me to cough. Its a long journey of trial and error I afraid, best of luck 

• Posted

It certainly is .....hence sat up at 4 o'clock in the morning cough, cough cough.....it exhausting this acid reflux......

• Posted

You may have asthma. I woke up in the mid of the night and cough, dry cough for the weather started to change from midnight to morning. So no harm to check your lungs and if the doctor said no it doesnt mean you dont have asthma, my doctor said I have virus cough that is y I coughed every night but then I went to another one and asked for symbocort. I used symbocort since then. The reason I knew I may have asthma because my nephew had it and he too coughed at midnight. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.