Bad day

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey ! I know I keep posting, but I get alot of reassurance from you all.... I'm having a bad time last 48hrs, I'm constantly feeling like i need to catch my breath which in turn is making me feel bloated, i keep feeling sick, upset tummy, chest pains, burning sensations on my back and just a whole sense of I'm going to die 😦 i really hate this.. I've also just started sertraline, I'm on day 8 but only day 1 of 50mg. is this really just anxiety??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

the sertraline will make you feel a bit off for a few weeks and cause a lot of the issues your having. it doesnt happen to everyone thats on sertraline but most do report certain side effects. its only temporary. i suffered with servere health anxiety for 20 years and sertraline actually helped me with the physical battle. now im able to combat the mental side without fear of physical symptoms. if i could reverse it i would of tried without meds but i was willing to try anthing to get rid of it. stick with it and see if they help with your physical symptoms.

• Posted

I just want this health anxiety to leave me, every day I'm petrified it's my last. it's horrible. that's why I'm giving these tablets a go. I'll ride it out and keep going.

• Edited

Hi Sophie

Its definitely the sertraline. I am on week 5 of 50 mg and trust me it will get better.

Initially the sertraline adjusts to your body so anxiety is at the highest in the early days. It will get better and better. Just stick with it. I almost stopped taking it because initially i had anxiety for no apparent reason. I was crying and didnt know what was happening. Please dont stop taking it. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Posted

I definitely won't stop because I want to feel like me again and get my life back, I'll ride it out and keep going. thank you

• Posted

Hi Sophie,

I'm not on any medication. But i get all of the symptoms you're experiencing. I've had lots of tests, I have hyperventilation syndrome which is caused by anxiety. I'm in pain and discomfort daily which makes the anxiety 100x worse. It's a viscous circle. Try to relax your breathing. I hope it passes for you soon x

• Posted

it's the worst thing isnt it 😦 I'm so fed up with it and the breathing thing is horrible and so so scary. I did wonder if I was suffering from hyperventilation syndrome as I've been in a constant state of panic for 4 months now. just want my life back 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.