Bad Day/Bad Health Anxiety :((

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone.  I’m sure you’re becoming familiar with me and my worries rolleyes

Anyway, lately I’ve been having bad health anxiety.  The last few days I’ve been obsessing over what feels like this dull ache near my left shoulder/upper crease area of the left side of my chest/sometimes a little in my upper arm.

Now, my biggest ultimate fear is always heart issues/having a heart attack.  I’ve had that fear when I first had terrible anxiety 5 years ago.  I should mention that I also just turned 25, not a smoker, never been on drugs (besides the antidepressants), healthy weight, etc. wink

Naturally, having this dull ache there since Friday has been on my mind 24/7.  It ended up with me going to Urgent Care this morning because my mind just kept telling me there must be something wrong.  Had an EKG & chest x-ray and everything came back normal and the Doctor said my heart was fine and I was in no danger.

Idk, I’m upset though because I’ve still been feeling this dull ache and I’m still anxious about it.  I think I know deep down that the ache is probably there because my anxiety is making me believe it has to be there/obsessing over it.

And I’m more upset because I’ve been on my increased medication now for almost 40 days.  I’m trying to remind myself that my period is due sometime this week and I normally get more anxious/irrational when it comes around.

Has anyone ever had their health anxiety get so bad they imagining/creating what feels like real phsyical symptoms?  

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes ..I have is all part of anxiety..and since you upped your dose your still early days ..so your side effects are going to linger for a while..and yes anxiety gives you physical symptoms..take care..
    • Posted

Hi Lois - thanks for always taking the time to respond to me.  I appreciate it smile

That makes me feel a little better.  I suppose to me I keep getting told by doctors that it’s not really “early days” anymore since I’m on week 5 now of the increase.  But hearing from other people that it still is makes me feel better.

• Posted

Yes. For sure. I have experienced that a lot. I've gone to the ER a couple of times with symptoms caused by my anxiety. It's not fun. I actually do have a mild heart condition so it sends me into panic if I don't feel quite right. But i havr learned to live with it and stay calm...the symptoms pass. Just keep reminding yourself, the doctor said it's normal. I know its tough. You'll get through it.

• Posted

Oh, geez that’s rough.  It makes me feel better to know I’m not the only one.  I guess what I’m struggling with is the stupid feeling is still there - if it went away I would probably stop obsessing over it.

But I feel like it’s also still “there” because I’m still obsessing about it & expecting it to be there.  Ugh, I really hate anxiety.

• Posted

Hi,

This dull ache in your shawder, it could be from the drug itself, since it affects every system of the body, where serotonin functions, including the muscular and peri feral nervous system!

I had this nerve pain on my shoulders and leg, during on the drug, but it's was gone in a couple of weeks.

Also I had it from time to time during withdrawal from it.

Do not worry, will pass.

• Posted

Oh, really?  I never knew that.  I would have thought initial side effects would have passed by now since I just started my 5th week on Friday..

It’s been more on and off today - I’m hoping that means it’s just my mind stopping obsessing over it.

• Posted

It’s weird - these past few days I almost feel like I’ve encountered a blip or something.  Feel like I almost did when starting the increase.  I’m trying to reassure myself that it’s the up and down hormones from my upcoming period..
    • Posted

More than likely a combination of both.. hormonal changes and celexa enemies...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.