Bad day so bed day

Posted , 8 users are following.

Today i just couldnt muster the energy to get up , Painful night and night sweets plus had another seizure this morning. I have just got out of bed eek, My legs are the worst today must of needed rest. I am not down about it , just wanted to do a few jobs today thats all can do it tommorow. My husband really looked after me today feel blessed. I used to feel bad about days like this , guilty for resting but not now, my body is saying Hazel sit your a** down. Just would love one day without pain wouldnt you , daft question eh. Just felt like sharing this , I know you all understand. Hugs 

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Did i say sweets? , blame it on the brain fog , but relly i am just a rubbish speller ha ha.cheesygrin
  • Posted

Oh bless u Hazel. I've had a bad day today after a bad night too. But like you, I realise there are days when I have to just be kind to myself, and rest. Whatever needs to be done can usually wait another day. And stress free is the key, so no point in getting uptight about it. I had a couple of good days yesterday and the day before, and Spring is in the air, so it's all good. And tomorrow is another day. Take care. x

• Posted

Yes it is isnt it, I set a challenge a day to keep motivated as i am off work because of seizures ect. so i say right tommorow clean the bathroom or the ironing. Only set one but if i do that and a bit extra its a result and its my way of keeping control over my body. I am 42 , my mum said recently that i should give up my job but i am determined to keep it even if it means doing less days. I know deep down i will proberbly suffer , i can just pace myself. Hope you have a good day tommorow.
    • Posted

Hazel I am like you and hear my husband say give up work but it's something I enjoy although I am in the process of cutting down my hours as recently they have gone to 12hr shifts and it's mega hard and i do struggle (pain killers get me through) I want to do 2 per week rather than 3 as I can't do 2 in a row so 1 then a break 2 recover before the next 1 will really help my employers have been great and understand some days I may need more breaks
    • Posted

I am lucky to so far my boss has been understanding and i know she will accomadat me. Hope to go back in a week. Being around people helps forget its when you get home you feel it. Its all a balancing game. ooh sounds nice a break awaycool. Sorry your feeling pain tonight. My husband works nights so i get the bed to myself which is great as i put in big pillows to support me pelvis is sore and knees bacially all my pressure points. when you put the slightest pressure on your body its so painful isnt it. I wish a good night to you . hugsbiggrin
  • Posted

I've had a good morning but early evening came with a bang and I feel dreadful so I took 2 strong painkillers and they have made me sick so right now I am in bed but too sore and can't gets comfortable.

We just take the good with the bad eh ime going to book a holiday for a boost in the sun it always helps me

• Posted

Well you just rest in your bed...the best place....hope you book the perfect holiday too...the warmth is good for me too..probably for most of us...be blessed..your sooo positive...that's all we can do, hey? Be positive and hope we are encouraging others who are in such deep pain ..:-)xxwink
  • Posted

I forgot to say , I found a pair of my husbands thermals so i thought i would give them a whirl tonight. Good job i have been married a while and he works nights ha ha. I feel like my legs need support round them just so painful. I am such a foxy chic NOT!!!!!!!wink
  • Posted

Really feeling for you Hazel. It doesn't matter how good we treat ourselves...sometimes it just doesn't matter....we are taken down...but not out...

do hope you manage a good day..today....and your spot on about doing your jobs the next day...worrying about doing them, won't get those jobs done,.just won't help us either .....well done you...sounds like you have are very blessed indeed too with a good hubby be  blessed...:-) xx

• Posted

I still havent gotten over the feeling of guilt   I will drag myself out of bed to ensure that the washing is done and the house is clean  No idea why because I dont get visitors but on the days when I really feel like staying in bed its not long before I feel guilty and think about what needs doing   I really dont do myself any favours   Its probably this attitude that got me to where I am now   Always done too much that looking back, was probably unnecessary     I would probably feel less guilty if my family understood my illness more  I am sure that for as long as I keep dragging myself around the house that they think I am ok   Im really not!
    • Posted

Oh poor you Wendidly, it's so important to have a family that care and support you. I'm sure you have always looked after them and now they need to understand that right now you need taking care of. My husband is great and he comes home around 7pm from work and makes me dinner. Weekends he also does all the washing and my niece comes and irons for me. Sister in law helps with cleaning and changing the bedding every fortnight and the children take me out or visit me and fuss over me when they come over. All watched me over the years juggle everything including 3 jobs, housework, cooking and cleaning whilst raising my children and they knew something was wrong way before I ever accepted it and crashed. Once diagnosed they read up on all my conditions (fibro/CFS/arthritis/cs) and made me rest and think very seriously about my health as they were scared to ever lose me. I know I am very lucky but you must make your family read up on your condition and realise truly how you feel xx
  • Posted

Hi, I'm sorry you've had a bad day, but at least you didn't let the damn thing win and get you down!  I stayed in bed for a lot of yesterday as I felt so tired and pain in my cheast.  Today the pain in my cheast/breast has gone and the bottom of my spine hurts especially when I lie down.  

• Posted

Hello Hazel,

Lovely to read such positive or at least heartfelt replies to your discussion. We all seem to share the same feelings of guilt, but the determination to carry on is strong. I am determined to keep my part-time teaching job, also. But I know I have to pace myself to be able to do this. Like you, Hazel, I set myself small targets for the day, but if you can't do them...not the end of the world. Having a supportive partner is an immense help, too. Good on you Hazel, you are an inspiration.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

I hate having to pace myself.  I can't seem to do it very well as on a good day I feel I should 'catch up' with some of the things I've left, but it is true and its good that you have a partner who supports you.  I do too.  I understand that guilt feeling, but if you can teach part time it must help to get out and use your skills and meet people.  YOu must be a strong person.
    • Posted

Thank you anne, you to are an inspiration. I think all of us are. I am up this morning rest must of done me good. Legs arent as bad,so i feel the moral of this is rest when you need to because for every bad day we CAN have a good day well a manageble day. 
    • Posted

Thank-you for your kind words Woobon. I am the same with the catch up thing - need to tell myself not to do it on a good day. Do succeed sometimes!

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Thank-you Hazel, for your kind words. You are absolutely right about all of us being an inspiration. Also to rest when you need to is VERY important.

Take care, Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.