bad day today

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi been on sertraline for 5 weeks now for anxiety + thought things were looking up (been feeling much better for a week) but today feel rubbish.No anxiety but a nervous feeling with a shake + feeling rotten in general -when r bad days gonna end + even out so i feel good all the time + get back to my normal self? is 5 weeks still early?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya... I am the same! 5 weeks today on my medication and still having afew wobbly moments some days. Some deep breathing and stopping for something to eat or drink helps me a little. I find some days because i am feeling a bit better, i feel like i can conquer the world, but my body will let me know i am overdoing it and its a reminder not to try and run before i can walk!
  • Posted

Hi Sugarloaf, in my experience you will get bad day but they get fewer and fewer as time goes by. 5/6 weeks is usually my turning point.

Recovery is not a smooth curve, the curve itself has ups and downs but the trend is up once the corner is turned. 

Sounds like a corner has been turned. Don't dispair on your bad days, they are a normal part of your recovery.

• Posted

Hey thanks for reply -i'm on 3rd day of feeling bad -sunday and the few days before i was great.I expexted the odd bad day but not 3 days or more I must admit.The unwell feeling is the same as when i started out on the AD
  • Posted

it is difficult to think you will eventually feel better as the medication gets into your system.  It is such a shame that anti depressants take so long to be effective.  We want them to work fast and relieve us of these awful feelings.  You are nearly there.  You will probably experience ups and downs for a while.  This is natural.  Give it a few more weeks, and let us know how you are doing.

I am waiting to hear you are feeling fine.  I myself am wondering whether to go back on anti depressants, but am very nervous as took me months to withdraw from last medication.

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I'm quite a veteran of anxiety and depression and have been back on the meds now just into my 5th week and I still question how long they take to get full benefit despite previous experiences.

I still wonder if they are working especially if I have a bad day, I get proper hang ups on stuff and worrrryyy chronically about my anxiety "spreading" to various things such as going out, going shopping.

It's hard work trying to keep a positive outlook. I had a great day yesterday but at a band rehearsal I was a bit complacent and experienced an anxiety attack, however, I got over it quite quickly and carried on. Was "bizzing" myself going out again today but was ok. 

If it continues I'll pop over to see and chat with my GP about it, if he says give it more time then I'm happy. 

• Posted

I wish I knew whether we are better on medication.  Was on anti depressants for so long, but not managing very well without.  I don't know if I felt better when taking the medication or not.  Too scared to go back on.  You say you wonder if they are working.  

You sound as if you are being positive and doing well.  If you do see your GP please let us know what he says.  

What to do.  I just wish we knew!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.