Bad day today

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm only on day 6. I did feel a little better yesterday and managed to eat a tiny bit but I'm back to the daily hell today. Think I'm feeling worse because of yesterday. I was thinking it'll only get better now on. I totally recognise the feeling of wanting to give up. For me its about ending the pain I'm going through but not actually wanting death. That thinking makes me feel trapped - I want an end but not death - if you get my meaning.

Its a beautiful sunny day outside as well. Not too sure if thanks making me feel bad as well. I'm better on dull days as it reflects my mood.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ron

I read your previous posts and sorry that you are feeling down again after eating yesterday for the first time in a while and having clear blood tests. That at least is very encouraging.

It's not been working for me the second time around either as I would have liked.

You are probably getting withdrawal effects from the Sertraline as well as side effects from citalopram. It's a no wonder you haven't felt like eating. Do try though even if it's small amounts of toast and drink plenty of fluids.

6 days is not enough to start feeling any benefits yet but you will improve given time.

I'm having a hard time too lately but like you, we have done this before and we will do it again. Try to stay positive, many people here have been through similar. Just remember it's not permanent, you will get well again.

• Posted

I really have no alternative than to keep going Lina. When I was on Citalopram before I was doing so well and I really regret coming off them. Once I get through this (me trying to be positive) I won't be coming off again. I moan about the side effects on here but reading replies and other posts about this drug really is so helpful. I know you guys can really know what I'm going through and your encouragement is more meaningful that a doctors encouragement. I started on 20mg last time I was on Citalopram and I was managing the side effects after a week. Think my system was quite week this tine around. I had a flu jab about a month ago and when I started on the Serataline I had a bad cold. And you're right I may have withdrawal effects from the Serataline. I have noticed that I'm able to drink more though which might be a good sign.

I really hope that all you guys on here get through whatever you are going through.

• Posted

Coincidently I had the flu jab 10 days ago and I'm sure it set me back. My anxiety is worse since having it.

• Posted

if it gets real bad with the side effects ask your doctor for a short term benzo.the benzo will calm your nervous system quickly.

• Posted

I have Lois but she won't give them to me 😦

• Posted

sorry to hear that.if your having a har d time at night try a Benadryl the antihistamine is good for sleep plus the antihistamine also gives appetite for some strange reason.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.