Bad days

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Sorry to be putting a negative post on here today but I really feel like I need some support.

Have been on Flu for 4 and a half weeks now and I just started feeling really good but have had 3 really bad days in a row and it is seriously starting to affect me.

Dealing with some personal problems at the moment as well and that could obviously play a part but I felt I could deal with everything so much better last week!

Don’t know what is happening with me – I need to get out of this but how?!

P

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think you should start by giving yourself a pat on the back for getting this far, I am on week 3 and good days dont seem to exist anymore.

From what everyone on here says you are nearly at the point when flu really starts to work.

I think my last good day was 2 weeks ago, I too had terrible personal problems and with all the side effects have not really improved since. I let myself down big time last night, drank & took sleeping tablet, just needed some escape, go to sleep where my problems dont exist. I wouldn't reccomend it, felt worse today!

I think we all go through this, but the care shown on this site gives me the belief that in a few weeks time the pain & suffering will ease so that we can feel that we are on the up! You have not got long to go, hang on in there!

Stu

• Posted

hiya P :cheerup:

dont appologise for a 'negative' post its what these forums are about isnt it, who needs to post when were feeling good ?? :wink:

im in the same boart P :? having good, indiferent and bad days, im up and down like a fiddlers elbow :roll: been on flu for about 10 weeks now i think, but heh a couple of weeks back i didnt know what a decent day was, never mind about a good one sad

remind yourself were on the up, take one day at a time and dont do/expect too much, it took quite some time to get as ill as this, it stands to reason its gonna take quite some time to recover, thats the nature of the beast grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :?

41/2 weeks is early days yet P, keep taking the pills as they say lol, stuff can only get better, remind yourself of that, onward and upward :wink: :cheers:

• Posted

smile Hi Pumkin 9,

I,m sorry you are feeling down. I,m also coming down off a massive high over the last few days. So I can relate to what you are going through. Life is like your on this massive rollercoaster and you cant get off as your up one minute and down the next :roll:

Dont dispair though carry on with the pills and in a few weeks we should see a slight difference ( hopefully ) as I am on week 3.

So keep that chin up pal, and we will all get through this together.

Sending you a great big hug xx

All my love NikkiM xx

• Posted

Thank you all for being so supportive and kind.

Your words mean more than you know.

Just wish that I could 'pick myself' up and carry on but I guess that's what depression do to you!

Gaaah.. something I just hate life!!

P x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.