Bad days Good Days

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

anyone else find that certain places cuase more issues. im finding that the says im in the office are much worse, i work from home 3 days a week 2 in office. i find that my anxiety is way worse when im in the office. this is where my stress element has been coming from in the first place, is this why. anyone else like this ? 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Morning!

During my first month or so anywhere outside, especially the town, was very difficult to cope with and I couldn't believe it was happening to me! It took me a while, even with Ann, my Fiancee, accompanying to go far or stay out for long.

Until my GP signed me unfit for work, I was getting by each day (in total denial) by increasing my social life or totally withdrawing, drinking, smoking and eating comfort food. I was spiralling down and down, killing myself because the work situation and one or two eejits there! I had my own office (with window) and could distance myself from the other two managers, one in particular who was undermining me.

So yes, in answer to your question the work element is a major factor with your stress. As far as I can see they are not being responsible for showing a (legally required) duty of care for your welfare, while at work, by the conditions you have to work in.

I appreciate that you want to wait until after an event so, best prep yerself for that new job and perhaps when you do leave give them something to buck there ideas up by reporting them - you never know they (in my humble opinion) should compensate you for your illness obviously (if not) caused by them, then exacerbated by them.

Got those posters up yet matey?!

Regards,

David

• Posted

im deffo worse here. i have put a poster up in fact right in front of me. when i do leave here it will hurt the company no end. altho they put on me what they dont realise is the moment i leave the place will quickly fail as they are not clever enough to realise that i hold all the strings as it were. so foolish to treat me this way. but then ive let it happen. David would you say the the Cita has helped you a lot?
    • Posted

Yes, Cita has. I (now) know there are other drugs available, but this is the only one I have been prescribed and I have no complaints, but each to there own obviously. 

In a way I let it happen to me, although I was making complaints and tried talking with and getting sense out of the Chair of our Trustees for 3 years before I crashed. I was compensated with a small amount, but was advised I should take it further and screw them. I was too ill and weak, but I wished I had. At the end of the day, I have no regrets over not screwing them as what goes around comes around!

• Posted

yes i let it happen to me for the last 10 years really. it must be me as had similar issues in another job. problem is i just keep taking work on as i hate to dissapoint people or look weak. guess it just took its toll. dont suppose Cita will make them dissapear in a cloud of smoke lol 
    • Posted

It most probably isn't you. Some of us here are here due to working loyally and hard for a system that is not only modern slavery, but also riddled with sh*te management. There are more articles be written about why people leave companies and it usually ain't down to the company, but some people they dumbly employ!

Anyone that has never failed has never acheived anything to be truthful! Until we fail how do we know what is right, or the best way to do things or be ourselves?

Lunch up have to go, later Dude!

David

• Posted

good poing David. it is modern slavery in a way. another problem is i bought great success in sales to a company that was basically failed when i started. it now has a massive turn over but im left spinning plates. even when i go on holiday which is not often, they were in the phone demanding help. so i end up working anway. also at nights weekends etc to keep it going as it is. its also a family buisness so they come first and if they are not on holiday they are on the gold range etc. whilst im here like a lap dog. but once im back on my feet ill take charge of it and get the hell out of here. i really apprciate your replying to me. gives me great hope that im not alone and you know what im going though. so thanks for taking the time. smile steve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.