Bad friendships

Posted , 6 users are following.

Last year, I had two very close friends. One from aus and one same as where I'm from. We spent a ton of time together, one in an online game and the other irl and in the same game. Except one day, friend A ( aus one) had issues and stopped playing and talkingn tobme. Friend B at a certain point stopped talking to me after telling me, they were suffering through depression. I tried to talk to them, but at the end of it... I stopped trying.

Fast forward, they now have their own group of friends. Leaving me alone. I do have a loving boyfriend. And good siblings.... But I just.. Really miss them. And It just makes me feel so s**t that they could easily move on. You know? There are nights I just plot my own death via gas. I live alone so it's a bit easy. I've gotten a knife and have just stared at it. I feel like... That'd be easier than just feeling so crap. I've been trying to be friendlier? But that... Doesn't really seem to work.. I don't know anymore... Honestly.. I just hurt.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there k51308🙂

after reading you post I had to write back to you!

may I ask you age?

I have had simalr eperince to this as you’ve had.

all I can really say is that I’ve found in life if you have a couple good trusted friends throughout your life it’s a blessin.

over the years friend have come and gone and that’s not through any faults it’s just life may take us different paths.

Could you go to any groups? Meet people like minded maybe.

Its sad I know to think that you’ve built trust and friendship and it is no longer there.

You need to look after yourself.

its  lovley you’ve a good partner and siblings that can big a huge help in its self. My mother has been a constant reliable dear mother for 40 years I’ve come to find that she is my best friend!!

We all need friends in time I’m sure you will meet more.

please the thought you’ve been having are horrible.

Look I feel that this is not you!! I know I don’t know you but it seems they have moved on. You must not see it as you’ve done anything wrong you have not.

Just go on being yourself and you will find more friends don’t change yourself.

kerp strong now

vickyx

• Posted

Hang on, I know what you mean. I kinda got over it, made new friends. When hanging with the old friends we called our selfs the "get along gang" stood up in one of the friends wedding and one is still a roommate. I tried talking to him about it, what I did or didn't do? He really doesn't says anything.Him and I are still somewhat friends but not like it was. I do miss the s**t out of them but I made some

new friends and started some hobbies. It'll get better when you find some new friends. You probably don't want to,but try to move on

• Posted

Hang on, I know what you mean. I kinda got over it, made new friends. When hanging with the old friends we called our selfs the "get along gang" stood up in one of the friends wedding and one is still a roommate. I tried talking to him about it, what I did or didn't do? He really doesn't says anything.Him and I are still somewhat friends but not like it was. I do miss the s**t out of them but I made some

new friends and started some hobbies. It'll get better when you find some new friends. You probably don't want to,but try to move on

• Posted

K, it's me again. Few years ago I met some people and I went paintballing for first time, I was 45 then. Today we'll bring up how Jon shot Jack in the ass while tripping. My old friends would have never done this. Now today, I'm making new great memories with my newer friends.

• Posted

Hi I had this too.  When I moved to a new area over 20 years ago I made a great group of friends.  We shared our ups and downs and knew each other very well.  Then 10 years ago one moved away (we are still in touch) and the groups slowly started drifting apart.  Now I never see them anymore but have made new friends who are great.  

We do things I never did with old friend - they were about the pub a lot but my new ones are more about ladies who lunch smile  I have also been away with one of them and go lots of different places.  

You will make new friends in time.  x

• Posted

Hi k51308,

I'm so sorry that these so-called "friends" treated you so poorly. sad These days a lot of people seem to treat friendships as being disposable. It's really difficult to understand. My daughter is 25 & she's had friends dump her for no reason during her life, several times. It's very hurtful. The last girl who dumped her knew what my daughter had been through but still did it. That girl then tried to be my daughter's friend again, but it was too late. The damage had already been done. There had been no argument or anything. People can be so strange. "Thoughtless" perhaps is a good describing word for it. These individuals really weren't worth much to begin with if you really think about it. Moving on with your own life will show you that there are other people who ARE worth your time & effort after all. It's not something that happens overnight but don't hide away. Step outside of your comfort zone & chat to people & you'll soon find others who you have things in common with. Not every single person we meet is going to be our friend, but even acquaintances who we can share our interests with in conversations is a good start & you'll gain confidence throughout your journey. You will be amazed at how many other people are looking for good, decent friends!

To end your life because of other people's cold-heartedness & careless attitude would be so sad for the people who do truly care about you. It's almost like a victory for the ones who hurt you! Don't let them win! I've read somewhere that "The Best Revenge is Success" or words to that effect... Please don't give up. There are so many more worthwhile humans in the world who can become your friends!

My daughter found some lovely friends through a mutual love of a particular band via Twitter. I've made some very nice friends via Facebook.

Please also realise that feeling suicidal is not normal. I've had these thoughts myself during my lifetime. It's distorted thinking. It's not rational. No matter how bad things might seem, there will come another time when you will be so glad to have kept going. Don't let those thoughts take over your mind. I know it's hard. If you have a doctor you can talk to, please do. Call a help line if you would like to remain anonymous. Please don't give up. People you haven't even met yet DO CARE. You'll find them. I know you will.

Good luck! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.