Bad insomnia

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had an insomnia since working here in Saudi Arabia. There were days where I slept though not enough (ugh! Insomnia) which resulted to sleep anxiety. For a yr and many mos I had little to no fear of sleepless nights, but still had hard time falling and staying asleep. I am prescribed with citalopram with the side effects of insomnia and mirtazapine for me to be able to sleep. For the first two days, mirtazapine helped me sleep though with minor drowsiness and clouded mind in the morning, I was still able to manage my work.

On the 3rd night of taking mirt, I was awake all night and felt somewhat excited (I really don't know how to describe the feeling, but the fact that it did not get me to sleep).

I was wondering if anyone here had the same problem with sleep anxiety and the combo meds? I really need to know if I should keep this or change. And had your sleep pattern returned? How I wish there is a medication that can return the sleep pattern. Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i have been perscribed sertraline 50mg and the first few days i couldnt sleep maybe take the tablets at a diffrent time... now i take them in the morning around 6am and i can actually sleep at night! x
    • Posted

I don't know Emma...thank you anyway for the reply.. How I wish I could just heal myself naturally..how many days have you been on sertraline?
    • Posted

for social anxiety. i have sufferd for 3 year. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.