Bad night again

Posted , 4 users are following.

Everytime i doze off I get woken up by what feels like a pain in center of chest and feel adrenaline I'm really tired of this chest stuff. I also feel like get woken by what seems like I stop breathing or something takes my breathe but I'm not gasping. Wtf is really all this that causes these things I really want them to stop I'm. It even Panicking

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Meant not even panicking
  • Posted

Hi pamela,

Can you describe your chest pain and does it radiate anywhere else ? Also this adrenaline you say you can feel, would you say it's a spasm feeling ? By that I mean something feels like it is a tightening and then loosens then tightens and loosens again and lasts for anywhere up to 5 minutes to an hour in the middle of your chest. Is it pretty well the same time each night or whatever night it occurs ?

• Posted

It's not a muscle spasm I have different pains all over burning pains,sharp pains,electrical type pains ect it's every night it's def some adrenaline mixed in with it.palps racing doesn't matter whether it's beating normal it's there.

• Posted

Ok....I'm not talking about muscle spasms, I'm talking about coronary artery spasms, being a female I would definately get it checked out further, the burning pain, the other pains you talk about aren't heart related.

Here's a thumb of rule on chest pain for a triage nurse, all chest pain is to be taken seriously although anything sharp ,hurts when you breath, move about  or sore to touch is generally not considered as a heart problem, providing the ECG is normal, you are then dropped down a category or two in the emergency department. This came from several triage nurse I know and paramedics. But remember nothing is impossible, there is always someone out there that can and is an exception to the rule.

• Posted

Ok then what type of pain is considered heart related I'm confused by this? Last month my ekg was normal I also have adrenaline going on with this it's hard to explain any of this it's just tiring.

• Posted

Hi pamela,

It's kind of hard to explain what coronary artery spasms feel like, I suppose it could feel like a muscle spasm but the pain is different because the spasms in the coronary arteries are restricting blood flow to the heart each time they spasms and when that happens you will get a heavy, squeezing and a crushing feeling in the centre of your chest with pain radiating into  shoulder and arm, neck, jaw and back, generally the left side, shortness of breath, skin feels clammy with a clammy type sweat, feeling nauseated, this is generally considered heart pain  when a diagnosis of prinzmetal angina has been made, perhaps if you pop over to the prinzmetal angina forums on this site and just have a read through peoples experiences and how a diagnosis was made, it surely will help you work out if it could apply to you, wonderful bunch of people with some great advice.

Prinzmetal angina will very rarely show up on an ECG, ST elevations are also not always present during an attack.

I hope this kind of helps you a bit, but by reading the prinzmeatal angina forums you can compare your feelings with others, see prinzmetal angina can come in clusters, comes on generally after midnight and conclude after 8am next morning, but this is not always the case with everyone, they can happen anytime of the day or night and some people have severe troubles with it like I do especially in winter.

• Posted

Mine isn't anything like that at all no sweating no nausea no clammy feeling no short of breathe other then panic from the little pains but wouldn't an ekg pick that type of thing up?

• Posted

Hi,

That's good to hear that you don't have those symptoms then , shortness of breath or clammy,etc etc .

An ECG only picks up heart attacks , heart defects like  that can be picked up by an ECG and any electrical faults in your heart. This prinzmetal angina condition I'm  talking about is a bit more complex and a lot of the new generation doctors haven't even heard of the condition, that's why I asked what your symptoms were with your chest pain.

• Posted

Hello Pamela

Talk to your GP pet, it is best to make positive all is ok

BOB

• Posted

I have they say anxiety not buying it really, but saw therapist today didn't go well I walked out go back in two weeks I don't like being told all is in my head and that perimenopause don't exist when it does and I suffer that in top of all this anxiety

• Posted

Here we go again another night of this chest crap and restless and being fidgity , it's all so tiring is there not many if you who can't sleep due to the adrenaline electrical pains zap u awake crap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.