Bad pain if i leave too long between meals

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I've been diagnosed with multiple (tiny) gallstones and have found that if i leave more than about three hours between meals i get very bad pain in the area of the gallbladder.  I just wondered whether anyone else has found this? I have of course been trying to eat little and often but there are just some times, eg. when someone calls round, when my eating pattern 'goes to pot'.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

When youmean by ''u get very bad pain  where your gallbladder is, what kind of pain do u get??

I get like that when i dont eat, and my gallbladder feels bruised/tender when pressed on.

• Posted

iIt's hard to describe really but it's a very intense pain in a small locaslized area - it does almost feel like an area of deep bruising, but much worse.
  • Posted

This is not unusual. You need your gall bladder out. I had mine out in February and am now ok and can eat anything I like really. It takes longer to recover than they tell you but I don't regret it.i had the same diagnosis multiple gall stones. Good luck.
  • Posted

I had the same issue. Serious pain . Finally the stones blocked the bile duct caution a serious condition, yellowing of skin. I would advise looking into seeing a gastrointerologist for removal of the GB. This will end any further pain from stones causing acute pain & discomfort.
  • Posted

What side is it on? Reason for wondering, I hear the Gallbladder is on the right side of body....... and I just learned that a small percent of population has pains on their right......... and I wondered if that meant that the tiny percent of peeps have their gull bladder on left.....(Been back and forth to doc about this pain) Anyway, i know that a small percent of people have their apendix on the wrong side. Now YOUR question, After to eat, your BILE THAT GETS PRODUCED FROM YOUR GALL BLADDER, FROM what I understand is a substance that helps you breakdown foods, and allows your poo to be made and the nutrients to be absorbed by your body. Gall stones are hard substances that your body isn't digesting well.........(they become like tiny pieces of Iron Poo) some people either have too much iron in their diet, or they're taking iron supplements and your body becomes overloaded with Iron........ I tend to get worse pains when I ate Cheese, or if I happen to crave spinach so much I eat a whole can of cooked spinach.

Start logging what you eat........ and take note of the pains and level of the pain on a 1-10 scale and 10 being highest....... It can help your doctor help you better during your next visit.,..... My digestion has been hell lately, and I fit the Gallbladder Symptoms to a T that I have been researching on Med. Sites, So it's my left side and i'm thinking that I may be one of those tiny percent of people.... They said I do not have a kidney infection, and the only thing is I have Polyps on my kidney, and they tell me that shouldn't cause me any pain........

Bleassings and Good or Better health to you!

• Posted

Hi Song,

after reading your post mabe it's time to see a gasterinterologist. If it's a stone issue a simple X-ray or ultra sound will hel.

usually fatty foods and veggies with hard out layers like peas legumes with lectin is hard to digest. Leafy greens simply don't digest in my cAs at all before GB REMOVEL

so take care of yourself go see your doctor and hopefully you will have a diagnosis soon. Then on your way to a better life without the worries.

take care

• Posted

Yes I have that too, if I go too long with eating it causes my stomach to hurt. If I wear tight fitting pant it will cause my stomach to hurt. It's crazy, then I start passing gas . After the attacks an I eat something it runs straight through me. Nothing showed up on the CT Scan. So I don't know what's wrong with me.
    • Posted

HI Linthia,

tight cloths was a big problem as we sit down to eat it seems to accentuate eating issues.

after GB removal I learned to stay away from fried foods and fatty foods. I also data half of yogurt befor eating a meal. It seems to help wth the tummy pains. Mabe it will help many here too. 🌺

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up