Bad pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I have been on the tablets for two weeks and slimming world for a month have lost a stone up to now my problem has been eating LF cheese as a healthy extra on sw although I haven't gone over my 15g per meal I am getting terrible griping pains then I am going to the toilat about 4-5 times although it is not oily . Is anyone else like this ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You have to not only have below 15g per meal everything has to be below 5g per 100g and even low fat cheese is about 20g :O

You need to choose a diff healthy extra chesse is a no no on these tablets. Maybe ex light laughing cow instead?? Not the same I know but you have only been on them 2 weeks when they are fully in your system you will more than likely get the oil eating cheesesad 

• Posted

Oh buggar haha I thought I might just get away with it cos that is the only fat I have during the day cos I have a lot of fruit for my breakfast and lunch and I normally have chicken or a steak with salad but cheese melted over my steak and chicken 😭😭
    • Posted

I did slimming world and lost 4 stone but some days even steak with fat cut off effected me. Yes hard cheese is a no go! Try suffiing your chicken with a low fat flavoured soft cheese if it's a bit dry. 

I know I LLOOOOVVEEEEE❤️❤️❤️❤️CHEESE too but the cramps and poos just wasn't worth it. Good luck xx

• Posted

Thanks fat fairy and your right the cramps and poos are not worth it boo hoo lol xx
  • Posted

I'm on SW as well, following the green plan.  I, too, love cheese and manage to eat it without the horrendous side affects.  I buy Morrison's 50% cheese or Laughing Cow light.  If I have the Laughing Cow, I have it for my lunch, 4 of them with 4 ryvitas - absolutely fine.  If I have the Morrisons 50% I think a 30g portion, which when grated is quite a lot, = 4.2g of fat.  I do not follow the everything under 5g per 100g rule and have had no problems.

I think this is a 'chinese whisper' that has gone around as I cannot find a shred of evidence anywhere that says you must do this.  15g per meal is my rule, been on the tablets for 3 weeks and everything hunky dory.  Weight is coming off at the speed I want it to!

• Posted

Well thank you dockyardgill I am off to morrisons for the LF cheese will have to give it a go before I give it up altogether . If I am honest with myself and everyone else I work in catering in a hospital and I have to make baguettes and salads I do tend to pick especially the bacon ends when I make BLT's or chickenmayo so I know that is a big problem I will have to cure x
    • Posted

which ryvitas do you have? i noticed the fat contents was quite high!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.