Bad PMS during withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone else suffer worse symptoms before their period whilst going through withdrawal? I'm like a crazy person, anxiety is off the scale and thoughts are racing 😭

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi, my w/d were always at there worst when my period was due.

I was always more anxious during my period but I believe my anxiety is at it's worst when I'm hormonal.

• Posted

Hi Tori, I'm doing ok thank you. For asking, just wanting to put all this illness behind me. I've just got myself a little job...16 hours and I'm hoping it helps my anxiety and low mood. 

Let's hope that 2018 is better for all of us, it's an exhausting illness!

Good luck Tori x

• Posted

Aw bless you, so happy to hear this, that's fab news, it's nice to know theirs life after all this ?? X

• Posted

Hi Tori,

My Mirt w/d's experience has been mind blowing... Never understood the film the Matrix and now I feel quite foolish that I believed in Ouija Boards and Ghosts because I had a Nan that from a very young age made me believe in everything! going as far as saying she belonged to the Witches Caven on Hallowe'en haha.

I obviously cottoned on to her wacky humour but she would say she'd never lie about the serious things. Ignorance was bliss because now the tinted glasses are off.   It's made me grow up and definitely made me a stronger woman. Losing my mind left me desperately searching and it was my soul that I found. 

I found my children in my Soul and that's what keeps me going. 

My eldest daughter lives away from home at university and has a little anxiety of her own but she has an amazing coping skills and finds facing her anxiety makes her feel a sense of achievement so she encourages me to do the same. 

This Mirt W/d's has only part of our lives not all of it. With mental strength I hope we all get well x

• Posted

Your daughter sounds awesome, you should be very proud! And you're right when you feel like you're losing your mind that is when you realise your true strength, when I'm over this I think life will feel so easy, I've even started making lists of things that I want to achieve in the future, I can't believe I went to bed the 11th of august with no depression/anxiety and well and woke up the next day with my face drooped and all my left side numb then a reaction to steriods in hospital caused all this (pyschosis) and if I was told to leave it and in a few weeks it would pass I would have blooming listened instead of letting my gp plough me with 10 drugs 1 after the other that I would react badly to, oh well you live and you learn and I've definitely learnt, the only way is up for us now eh ?? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.