BAD REACTION. WANT TO QUIT TONIGHT.

Posted , 2 users are following.

My psychiatrist prescribe me to take 1/2 tablet of Pristiq last night. I took it and started feeling nausea. Went to sleep anyway. The next day I felt like a zombie. My head was heavy, I felt sedated and like I could fall whenever I walked or stood.

Now in the afternoon I feel lightheaded and like I'm gonna go off the edge. And my anxiety's back. My head doesn't feel clear.

Doctor has ignored my texts and is not responding.

Since I only took the pill once should I quit right now?

Need help.

0 likes, 12 replies

Report / Delete

12 Replies

• Posted

All medication has side effects you have to give it time to settle it can take up to 6 weeks

Lil

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What country are you in that you TEXT doctors?

Lil

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Fowldays.. Do you have phone numbers for mental help line?  Your psych was wrong to ignore your texts
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you cant get  in touch with your doctor stop taking the drug until you can contact him.

Perhaps maybe try human contract go to his office or phone him.

Lil

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm in Malaysia. During the consultation he gave me meds and I asked him about side effects and he said to contact him through text or email.

I don't think Malaysia has a mental health line, sadly.

Yeah, I'm going to stop it for now. I only took half a pill onve only. So I hope it should be okay to stop.?? My head still feels this pressure thing kinda makes you want to face palm the floor.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Im in the UK  Monday to Friday you phonel the doctors or go to emergency

At weekends you phone NHS direct they decide if you go to emergency or not.

We dont text anyone 

I suppose every country is different

Lil

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You only took it one time and took half a pill had all this? You think it was from the medicine? You can stop it its your choice. No withdrawls from a half of a pill one time. Theres other help besides medicine anyway. You will have to search it out. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My psychiatrist who prescribed tge meds said it would take up to 3 or so weeks to see reaction.

But I got a reaction just on my very first pill. O_O

And it was only 1/2 of 50MG tablet.

I think that's strange.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Its strange for sure, although the meds did kick you into a sudden jolt & unpleasant side effects.. Good luck Fowldays,  I hope you feel better after the med wears off rolleyes
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You get side effects almost immediatley with medication.

What your doctor means it can take up to 3 weeks for them to work(give you benefit)

Your symptoms will get worse before they get better

Lil

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I stopped aftwr the first dosage and my dizziness is getting better after about 3 days. But I still feel dizzy and get tired easily aftet walking for a short petiod of time.

How long do you reckon it will take to go away?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Very strange that you are getting this continued reaction after 3 days..   Half a tablet would be surely out of your system by now..   Drink tons of water & definately avoid going anywhere near moving vehicles...   I would only give it another few days before making a visit to your GP... perhaps you may need some blood work done to check your sugar levels etc.,
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up