Bad smells

Posted , 3 users are following.

part of my anxiety is that it attaches to smell, some times ill have hallucinatory smells. however, other times, smells can make me really upset. i need help, ive just found that some milk had spilt on to the floor through the bin, and has been on the kitchen floor for a while. it smells bad, i've cleaned it twice, it's all that i can smell. how do i calm down, how can i forget about it? 

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you able to go for a little walk. It's windy out there and it smells very much of autumn.......

Do you have any oblas oil? Maybe put a little on a tissue and keep it close by so that you will be distracted by that smell and not the other. 

You need to find a way to get your anxiety down. Go in YouTube and try one of the guided meditations. They are great for distraction and relaxation.xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey Klaire.  Try not to worry about smells.  do you know there were times a while ago when I would smell things that were not there.  But it all went away.  I think our mind plays silly tricks on us sometimes. Pure lavendar smells nice.  I sprinkle some on my pillow at night to sooth me, perhaps some on a tissue will help.

Find something that smells nice and mask the smell you cannot forget.  

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up