Bad start today

Posted , 5 users are following.

First day back to work after week off for holidays and I am late.  Could not manage to get myself up and out the door on time... too depressed by darkness and cold outside.  Promised my manager that I will come in mid-morning but feel like a failure already for having no real excuse not to get it together.  I knew today would be hard and maybe I dreaded it and let it get to me too much.  

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear, I feel your pain! Don't worry. Please take care. Missing one day off work or being late one day won't harm anybody..

• Posted

I know what you mean. Doesn’t take much to remove any enthusiasm I might have for getting up. Sometimes I’d just like to sleep for a month and hope that when I wake up things are better.  I’m back at work on Thursday and dreading it. 
  • Posted

Thanks.  I am on my way now.  Hope you both have a good day!
  • Posted

I hear ya! I was off the 16th through the 27th. The morning of the 28th my stomach was just in knots and I had, sorry TMI, diarrhea. I eventually made it to work 30 minutes late.
    • Posted

Oh my!  I’m glad it’s not just me but so sorry you were sick.  Hope things are going better now.
    • Posted

I'm better now thank God! Thank you Liz. Just returning to work makes my stomach turn flips. Once I've been there a few days I'm ok. I work with great people. I just think I'm burned out. I'm a Victim Advocate for a Police Dept. and the job is starting to wear on me. At 58 I don't want to be on call anymore. I don't consider myself old, but I'm too old to be called out in the middle of the night to do some hand holding. 😕

• Posted

I go back to work tomorrow and I feel just awful! I mean, in one way it will keep me slightly busy and my mind off how I feel..but I really feel HORRIBLE!! Just so many various issues...exhaustion, sick to my stomach, (and at risk of TMI, not quite diarrhea, but certainly not normal), body aches, shaky, still an annoying cough, insomnia..just ugh..I’m sure my Dr doesn’t want to see me again, as I was there on the 21st of December and nothing was done..oh to feel even halfway normal like before all this garbage started! I’m so very sorry all of you ladies are dealing with this but I guess the only good thing is we are not alone. 
    • Posted

Amy, that’s pretty much how I see work now, too... it helps me focus on something else for a bit.  It is good that we’re not alone.  It is not good having all these weird symptoms and constantly visiting doctors.  I hope your first day back at work goes well.  Try to take it a step at a time.  🌸

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.