Bad Taste

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all!

I know, it's been a while since I've posted any questions or concerns. I've learned to get used to these symptoms and manage them as best I can. The fact that I have moved back to NYC to raise our kids closer to family is a big help. I have two older sisters plus my mom who have experience with going through these changes so I have a good frame of reference.

However, I do want to ask you all, have any of you experienced having a nasty taste to the back of your mouth. No matter how much I brush my teeth, I can taste it. It is so annoying!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes!! And I hate to put it this way but it literally taste like poop!!! For me it comes and goes have found no solutions.
    • Posted

Mine tastes like post nasal drip. Yuck! I have been having allergies so I guess that could be why I have this taste but it is so annoying. I'm going to buy some Listerine and gargle with it to see if this helps. I'll let you know. Thanks for responding.

Take care.

• Posted

Thats what mine taste like post nasal drip also taste like your nasals are dripping blood into your throat too
  • Posted

I have experinced a bad tase in my mouth too 
    • Posted

Hi

Acid reflux can cause this, maybe try an antacid and see if it makes any difference. Post nasal drip can also be caused by reflux.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thanks for this info. I do have heartburn/reflux issues. I take Prevacid in the morning before a meal and sometimes at night. Maybe I need to try a different one to see if it helps.

Take care!

• Posted

Yes I have been experiencing this for 9 monthe now which comes and goes . Yes it's horrid, I try chewing gum mouth washes they work BUT not for long mine last a day or two. I to suffer from acid reflux and take medication for this. I to am peri with a lot of the symptoms although 2 doctors have said I'm NOT peri as I'm to young (I'm 46) and still experiencing normal periods so again I'm NOT peri!!!!!. Even though I'm getting quite a lot of the 66 symptoms !!!!. Acid reflux and migranes are by far the worst for me, I'm taking medication for my terrible mood swings (now) I did suffer for 9 months with this in the end I sought after medical help and was put on medication to help and I actually feel so much better !!!. Xx
    • Posted

Thanks Michelle for responding. I can't believe the nerve and absolute ignorance of these doctors who claim that we are not going through peri because we are having regular periods! I have been told the same rubbish by a GYN. Our bodies give us signals and go through these symptoms long before our periods start to become erractic and then finally stop. It is usually the tell-tale sign that this is what's happening. They need to go to school all over again. They obviously missed something. I'm sorry I didn't mean to go off like that. It just ruffles my feathers every time I hear one of us say that a doctor denies their claims of going through the change especially the women doctors! They ought to know better.
  • Posted

OMG I hate doctors.  Even female ones poopoo everything.  Unreal.  Of course there are 10k drugs of ED!!  grrrrr.  My sinuses kill me - I can feel it in my jaw and ear terrible - gums bleed so that adds to the bad taste.  =(   We really do need girls to run the world!  Makes sense that as membranes dry up, they may bleed - sinuses fit in there too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.