Bad thought

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies you are probly going to think im really crazy but 2 weeks ago while on holiday which i admit makes me anxious not good at being away from home my period started but one woke and 1st thing that entered my head was 3 weeks to live and i can't get it off my mind and as the 3rd week draws near starting to get really worrid x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna.

I really do feel for you. It's horrible when anxiety strikes and like you I get anxious when I'm away from home or my husband isn't around. But it is just anxiety that has produced this thought and because of anxiety it's hard to let go of it. When I have silly thoughts I have learned to just tell myself that I'm "risk assessing" and this has helped hugely. Try it and the thought will disappear. You do not have to live in fear.

I will pray peace for you. Just remember it's just anxiety rearing its ugly head.

Big hugs.

Helen. xx

• Posted

Thank you for your reply its good to know im not alone will keep teling myself its just the anxiety take care x
    • Posted

Being away from home makes some people feel out of their comfort zone period...........................wink

Try to relax Donna, this is a difficult stage in our lives but it will pass and try to enjoy each day (take it slowly and easy)

Mrs M cool

• Posted

Thank you will take your advice on board x
    • Posted

You poor thing. It's very common for our irrational thoughts to take over at this time and no matter how ridiculous you know it is nothing stops it creeping in when you least expect it. I convinced myself I had AIDS once because I had lots of moles popping up! There was no rational reason why I would have it but the thought and fear wouldn't go away until I got tested. Needless to say it was all clear. I actually stopped worrying before the test results came through... Crazy huh?! Take care my friend and remember you're not alone in all of this

Anita x

• Posted

HI Donns, firstly thanks for being brave enough to post this, i csn assure you we dont think your mad,i too have the most terrible bouts of anxiousness, When four weeks has passed and you are still hear with us which you will be then your know next time you get these feelings of what may happen you can say yeh sure like last time go away. Fir a while going back a few weeks all i could think about was walking into the sea! Was so sick of feeling anxious and so sure something awfull was going to happen.

As MrsMerm says and so true for some of us being away from home puts us out of our comfort zone. Donna presume your still on holiday then with one week to go before you return home again or are you home with just that one week to go?

What ever time will come and go and you feel reasurred again.

Hugs to you 

Sue x

• Posted

Sorry meant to type Donna not Donns!
  • Posted

Hi Donna, I'm very good at being scared, so I speak from experience. sit down and work out the likelihood of something bad happening, to prove it is zilch, then tell yourself you are just catastrophising each time the thought re enters your mind.
  • Posted

Hi, I feel for you, before I even went into peri-menopause I got a load of panic/anxiety attacks in that my heart was pumping really hard in my chest and I felt like I was reacting as I would if I was in danger, under siege, or something.  Since then, I have realised that this was the start of the menopause.  We have these moments.  I have meditated, (on and off, I am no way perfect), however, when I do, I sleep well, I interact in a more positive way.  When I have thought, oh, I had a really good night's sleep last night, not waking up in a sweat, or waking up throughout the night for no reason, (I never used to do this, I always slept like a log), I realise it is because I spent some time in meditation or did some 'yin yoga' which is yoga which involves staying in poses, mostly lying down, for some time, breathing.  It so chills you out, it is amazing in terms of turning your mind around to being still and being in the moment, sounds, silly 'New Age' stuff but it is true, you are totally involved in what you are doing and as you breath your body frees up, which is the amazing thing.  We hold so stress in our body. Anyone reading this, I would recommend Yin Yoga it is so relaxing, like meditation, it is really just about breathing in and out slowly and watching your breathe and not thinking about all the stuff you need to do, but just spending some quiet time, all for you, peace for you.  As I say, I don't always do this and sometimes I think I can't be bothered to sit, but recently, I have been getting up in the morning, getting a coffee and sitting in my garden for 10 minutes before I deal with anything else.  It sets my day up, it is a form of meditation.  Meditation is about finding peace.  However this works for you: you may wish to listen to some music instead.  I have recently heard on a BBC Radio 4 programme (they usually know what they are doing when they broadcast scientific stuff) and an academic stated that it was proved that your heart beats slows down on listening to music with a slow beat.  So, whether it 'floats your boat' to listen to some music with a slow rhythm that makes you feel peaceful, or you sit and listen to your breathe as you breath in and out fully.  (I expect you are breathing slowly in both of these activities.)  We need to find some time to be within ourselves sometimes and shut off from the mobile phones, the emails, our families even, (much as we love them), we need to find some 'me' time.  It may be sitting painting your nails.  Once you are engrossed in something you forget about the world outside.  As women, we are often so nurturing towards others that we find it difficult to nurture ourselves.  Feel the woman within.  Find you.  Breathe deeply and you will be there ...xx
    • Posted

Hi your words are so true, we women to need to find some me time and

nurture ourselves, i guesse my me time is doing my dolls(reborning) them, taking time to do my hair and makeup so at least i like what i see in the mirror! We do forget to take slow deep breaths and listening to calming music make sense, they even say now play calming music to our babys in the womb as when the same piece is played after birth it relaxes them. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.