Bain Tumour Recovery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, Im new to the group, so heresmy story!

In Feb 2016 i didnt wake up one morning, i was rushed to hospital and diagnosed with a brain tumour. 10 days later i had the operation, all  went well and the removal was a sucess. 3 months later my first scam reveal a Benign tumor and was told to get on with life. Up to june i was living on adrenaline that i was still ok and could try to life a normal life.

The i have started with really bad ear aches, feeling light headed, and body aches and pains. In general i feel a walking wreck. I have phoned my after care nurses and asked for another scan. They hve refused and told me it was because i rushed back to work, and put me in touch with a support group. They want to to try hypno, which ive agreed too,but this isnt helping in anyway and i still feel terrible. I know my body but nobody is listerning.

Is there onybody else that has been through the same?

Is it all in my head or just part of the healing process?

The after care seems to me like your all clear now go away, but i feel like something isnt right and it maybe coming back.

I just want to find out if others felt like this and how long for, is it normal ect...

Thanks

Rob

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Just make sure you report all your new symptoms to a Dr. sad

sorry you feel sick.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, i have been to my GP, hes done nothing except ask why do i think it might be that i feel this way,which i find bizzarre
  • Posted

Well you know your own body and if you really feel it's not right go back to your dr. But it could simply be an ear infection if your getting ear aches or . Maybe just s build up of wax ,

But if your not happy about your aftercare team. Just go to your own gp. You have been through a tough time maybe your still anxious which is making you worse . Hope fully dr will give you answers

• Posted

Hi Michelle, i had my ears checked for wax, thats all clear. The ear ache has been about 50% of the days now for 3 months. The Dr's have been very poor too, they pass me to the neuro nurses who pass me back to the docs.

Im hoping somebody on here has had the all clear and that they had the same pains and worries for X amount of time and that they are all ok now still

• Posted

sorry about the speeling's but im sure you get what i mean folks !

• Posted

Hi Robert, so sorry about what's happened to you. My friend had the exact thing happen. After surgery and radiation she takes chemo in the form of a pill.

The chemo is for several days a month and then a few weeks off. She also has MRI done very often. Most of her tumour was removed but the MRI is to be sure it dosen't come back. Perhaps you need to be more forceful or change Doctors. All the best and hope next scan is all clear!

Love, Nancy

• Posted

Hi Nancy

​Thanks, i have considered changing doctors but its finding the time, as im busy with work and trying to live a normal life. I should add, i have never had chemo or radiotheropy. No medication was ever needed for my tumuor. I was put on kepra as they say i had a fit the morning they found me but ive even come off these tablets now too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.