Balance problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi everyone I have been taking citalopram for 7 weeks The doctor put me on these because I suffer from bad balance sort of. Fear of falling, I was told it was anxiety.

Omg But don't feel any better still have balance trouble. Also l am worried the lnger I stay on them the more time taken to come off. I don't or didn't feel depressed just anxious.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Pat.  I have exactly the same problem as you regarding balance and a fear of falling.  I too have been taking 10mg Cit for the last 18 months.  It helped to stop the panic attacks that I was getting but I was suffering with continual side effects so am in the process of withdrawing.  However, the reason I am replying to you is that on one of my check ups with GP I had some blood tests done and was found to be really deficient in Vitamin D3.  Am now taking a strong supplement and am hoping this will improve my symptoms without having to take any more Cit, cos quite honestly I have never needed them for depression. Hope this may help you a bit.  Take care,  Lily x
    • Posted

Hi lily thank you so much for your reply, I really feel rubbish at the moment. So I am going to come off cit and see if I can take a supplement like you.many thanks.take care
    • Posted

Hi Pat.  I feel the same as you and haven't really felt physically well since I started on Cit.  When I had the diagnosis of my Vit D deficiency, I did some research on the internet about it and a lot of the symptoms I was getting prior to going on Cit, are exactly the same symptoms. one of which is anxiety !!! So fingers crossed, am hoping the Vit D will help me to feel better. They do take a few months to have effect tho. I will be glad to get rid of the constant side effects of the Cit, thats for sure.  Take care Lily x

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up