Balanitis or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

so i recently notice this weird looking dark spot on the tip of penis a couple months now. should i be worry about it? ill be making an doctor appointment the first week of nxt month. I thought it could be a burn or like bruise because ive been masturbating every night to fall asleep for the last of couple of months, dnt really give myself a break, sometimes i use a shirt to wrap around my shaft when im about to unload idk if that would cause a burn from friction. i dnt use lubricants. it doesnt burn when i pee or in pain but recently getting some discomfort here & there, sometimes burn sensation here & there but idk if thats normal or not. i do wear kinda tight clothing, pain lvl would be like 2. feels like someone kick you in the growing but healing type if that make sense. im not that sexual active. last time had File size is too bigsex was around aug/may of last year. sometimes i get lazy washing under my foreskin but been doing it more often now. i also do sports as in biking ive been hit in the growing a few years back but never notice anything image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Okay, there are a number of circumstances and issues you describe that can impact on what you see.

The essential to understand is that the skin on the head of the penis is very sensitive and is unlike the relatively tough skin on the main part of the body: you mention not using lubricants, but do you apply anything else to the head area, or perhaps the skin on the main shaft, or foreskin?

If you can give yourself a masturbation break - yes I know this can be difficult as i have also used masturbation to regulate sleep time. Unfortunately the longer you can go without masturbating the better: 1 month is a good start, 2 better, 3 better still.

You need to have the basics of penile hygiene right: NEVER use soap, or expose the head to shower gel or other body wash in the shower. Before you shower draw the foreskin as far forward, away from the body as you can to protect the skin on the head. Wash everywhere else and fully rinse. Expose the entire head and use the running water of the shower and the inside of your hand to clean the head and foreskin area.

Each time you urinate you need to remove ALL and ANY trace of urine - before urinating draw the foreskin away from the head so that the head is fully exposed. Wash with warm, never hot water from a tap or simply use cold water - if you cannot wash you need to use a paper tissue or toilet tissue to remove any trace of urine from around meatus (pee-hole) and the head area generally.

Whenever you wash your penis you MUST remove all traces of moisture, so you need a clean dry towel that ONLY YOU use.

The critical element is that if you want the damaged skin around the meatus to heal this is going to take a great deal of time - you need to have the right things in place everyday for your skin to even start to heal and you must avoid ANYTHING that can further damage the skin. At a bare minimum I suggest if you do all the right things this could take 6 to 8 months to even start to look something different to what you have now. On the other hand it could even take 1, 2 or even 3 years or so for the skin around the meatus to look like the skin does on the rest of the head of your penis.

Seeing a doctor may help, you may benefit from using a steroid ointment, but you may need to see a Dermatologist to get the correct one and to have the relevant treatment regime detailed to you.

Update your Forum Post here in 2 or 3 months or if you have been given medication by a Medical Professional .....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.