Banding #3 - THE END!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had my 3rd and final banding on Wed. June 7. Third one seems to be the charm. I can honestly say this must be how the Dr who hasn't had banding but is advising means when they say... some people go to work the same afternoon - although that very first day was painful, it's been pretty much a breeze. I can honestly say it's work it because for the first time in YEARS my butt is feeling nothing. My hemmorhoids were "stage" 2-3. If anything else happens that I need to share I'll be back otherwise I'll be watching the group to see if I can help anyone with questions. I know banding and ectomy is very different. I would say if you can do banding before things get out of hand, get it done. The first one was so painful but it's because I didn't have the expectations I should have (Dr who never had it done advised me). The 2nd one was better because I was prepared from the 1st one. #3 seems all good. Before day 6 was my worst, that will be Monday, but so far... it's a breeze!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I am getting one hemorrhoid banded on July 18th. Please tell me everything I can do to make this as painless as possible!! I'm terrified 

• Posted

Hello. You must be so happy to have it all over and done with. I had two hemorrhoids banded 2pm Tuesday. It's now 8am Friday. So I'm at 2.5 days (in real time).

I haven't had any severe pain but there is pain and it has ranged from 2-4/10. Sometimes a BM hurts and sometimes it doesn't. I go every day. Unfortunately the surgeon gave me lactoluse to take each night, I didn't realise it had lactose and fructose which cause me SEVERE wind. So I've been passing wind up to 100 times a day which I think had really aggravated my Banding. I took degas last night and this morning so fingers crossed it helps.

I'm shocked ppl can go back to normal activity and have no pain. I could not be at work right now. I rest a lot, take regular short walks and warm baths. I'm a little scared the pain won't go. Also my actual anus is a bit tender too 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.