Banding one week ago, bloody mucus?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I had two hemorrhoids banded last week. The same day I had a lot of discomfort, feeling like I had to poop like I've never had before, but that mostly went away by the next day. The bleeding with bowel movements, which had mostly gone away, did come back and I've gotten constipated the last few days, which is nothing new for me. However, when I went today I noticed mucus on my stool with some blood mixed in. This has me extremely worried. Could this still be from the hemorrhoid banding? I don't know if they've fallen off by now, it's been six day since.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi were did you have you operation ?
    • Posted

It wasn't an operation, the doctor just shoved a camera up my bum and banded the two hemorrhoids she saw.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.