Banged head in temple area...concerned

Posted , 2 users are following.

Banged my head at work yesterday just above the temple on the right side of my head. At the time I felt a little dazed and shook up but not much more than that. I have had bumps and bangs to the head as much as the next person but this one just made me feel a little strange for the rest of the day. I'm a smoker and after going for a cigarette later in the day it made me feel sick. The accident happened at around 11am. After returning home at around 4pm I fell asleep very quickly which is unusual for me. The night before I banged my head I had only managed to get a few hours sleep so that could well explain feeling as tired as I did but being so exhausted was still unusual for me as I'm used to getting little sleep. This morning, the day after, I still felt a bit tired but as the day went on the symptoms have completely disappeared. It's now approaching 36 hours since and I feel completely normal again. But I am a serial worrier and Google everything and panic about the slightest twinge. A lot of people online suggest that the temple area is the worst area to sustain a head injury and that bleeding on the brain can come on progressively with no symptoms over weeks? How true is this? Should I be concerned? Should the presence of some mild symptoms which then disappeared be enough to determine that this was just a wack on the head in a sensitive area and nothing more? Or should I be worried? Apologies for registering to this site simply to post a concern but wasn't getting much luck on general forums. Any advice appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.