Barb wire felling in my stomach after gall bladder removed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi can anyone help I got my gall bladder removed via keyhole on the 8th jan 2018 I still have niggle sore pains but today I have woke up feeling like I have barb wire inside my stomach.  thanksxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

you have had major surgery, it does take time to settle down, some people heal quickly some dont, take it easy no lifting,etc, it can take over a year for your insides to settle down, some a few weeks, ;;;
    • Posted

Thanks terry just thought it was strange i woke up with this pain today. Im also dehydrated i drink about 3 to 4 bottles of water a day i used to hate water and still so tired in lifeless. Funny how they never pre warn you it would be like this the doctors let you think after a week youll be like brand new.
  • Posted

you must take it easy, drink lots water, i wasnt told anything either,never took any pain killers,etc,  im now 12 months, still have some pain, but getting there,getting better in a week,theres not many of us,;;; all best, if you are not happy with anything, pester your gp,its the only way now,   terry
  • Posted

Maybe that feeling is due to internal soluble stitches dissolving? Feels like tiny pin pricks. If it continues or worsens speak to your GP or practice nurse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.