Barbara

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm 8weeks post op, walking, driving good... Struggling with stairs leg not strong enough yet.. I'm a bike rider.. But since my op I can not take pedals all the way around cause it hurts like hell.. I can stand up & peddle about 8times but that's it.. Still on strong pain killers.. All I want to do is ride my bike, as I'm so missing it putting Wright on cause I'm not riding I was doin 20 miles before my op struggled on hills cause of my knee thought I'd be tons better by now.. But I'm not.. I need advice what I can do to peddle my bike.. Please can any one give me some advice.. Am I ever going to ride.. Knee goes stiff as well

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well as the temperature has finally gone above freezing I decided to bite the bullet today and get my cycle gear on and ride up to the next village and back which is 4 miles. I have to say it still feels weird pedalling still but it wasn't as painful as previous times. I got back in one piece it took me 30 minutes but i did it. I did ice and elevate it but it didn't even swell up this time and I've only took one cocodamol today. I really think tight muscles plays a big part in preventing flexion so I've really gone to town on doing something about that this week. Daily Epsom salt baths, Thai massage ( which was an experience) and ROM exercises. So hang in there it will come eventually I can now say I'm living proof x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.