Barrets .always feel like can not breath properly

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone .

Does anybody with barretts osaphagus or just acid reflux .

Do ever feel like can not breath and like airways a closed up .

I don't have a blocked nose but I can never breath properly through my nose .and when I take a breath feel like don't get the oxygen .and lungs always feel like they being squashed .

I just don't understand what it is .

Horrible feeling as it worries me at times as feel like choking cause do not breath properly

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I can understand how you feel, i feel a bit the same as yourself, but not to the degree that you are experiencing. Have you followed up with your Gastro doc?
    • Posted

I am due a camera any week now they are going to call when they can get me in .just feel as it when I breath up my nose they just close in and I carnt breath and somebody sat on my chest .awful .
  • Posted

Good morning,  I am sat up at 4.15 in the morning because i cannot get enough air into my lungs (that's the feeling I have).  It's very unconfortable.  I am not sure what triggers this, I have ok for a couple of months.....!  So annoying. It feels like I am having an asthma attack, but i know it's not...

• Posted

So what it seems like is an anxiety attack. However, the feeling of dyspnea should always be discussed with a health care profession. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.