Battled Depression, won the victory, now I am facing a new challenge 'insomnia'

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I am Bella, I Battled with depression for 4 years and won, but then later on I have trouble sleeping in the right routine, like I have no purpose in life. I love sleeping a lot and I didnt care about life, but now I found a purpose and finding it hard to sleep right, So I normally sleep a bit then I am awake lying for hours, talking to myself or whatever, normally I have not slept for 3 days and I have gone crazy. I am sooo exhausted and finding it hard to turn off my brain and sleep. I cant even eat! my tummy grumbles but I when I try to stuff the food in my mouth when I am hungry I feel sick... I am 21 years old unemployed, deaf with heart pulmonary valve replacement, I have psychologist to talk about things that affects my life. it helps a bit, still doing it as it helping. I use to have chest pains a lot due to be being under a lot of stresses. and no I am not pregnant, havent slept with anyone for a year. to be honest I have some stresses added, relates to my mother and my future plan, i believed I may be having hyperinsomnia. I cant sleep comfortablly. I have tried yoga, 1 hour and half long walk, I refused to take pills, tried milk, tea anything that can help didn't work. I start to worry about my family and myself. I am a bit of a lonewolf, I do have friends but I rarly spend times with them. I want to sleep peacefully everyday and stop worrying about things going wrong. problem is when I sensed something is not right or wrong it turns out I was right bad things happening and making things worst. the trigger for depression was losing and giving up my horse I was forced to sell to study horses 'my passion' I had couple of meltdowns and attempted suicides for these four years along with nightmares in a dream. now I am not suicidal just as you know.  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Good for you beating it😉😃 how amazing. Can I ask how you did that? Hey I also get that sick feeling when I'm hungry and want to eat but can't because I get sick, it's so frustrating!!! Look you beat it once you can do it again I know you can. 
  • Posted

U can ask me anything, I was inspired, I moved halfway the world back to my homeland, was still down but my grandmother lifted my spirits, then my father said they aare moving back too, will let me find a dreamfarm under the budget and horse of my dream again. I was lifted. like ressuracted cant spell, 'feeling like an idiot' so i am either too excited to sleep or disspointed before heading to sleep.
    • Posted

Hi MysteriousGal,

It is fantastic that you feel that you are no longer depressed. You’re right too much stress can lead straight back to depression. It sounds like you are spending too much time worrying about your future plans and this of cause solves nothing. Try bringing more interests and distractions into your life.

You mention that you are unemployed it may be that you are not getting enough physical exercise to support good sleep patens. While you are looking for a job you may find it beneficial to do some volunteer work. It is hard to feel that you have a purpose in life when you are spending too much time doing nothing. Volunteer doing something you enjoy like something involving horses. If this is not possible there would be many charity’s that need a hand. It is amazing how often getting out and involved in charitable work leads to opportunities for paid employment it is also fantastic for self-esteem it is wonderful how much delight comes from helping others.

You mention that you do not go out with your friends very often. Try going out with your friends more, even if you do not feel like it, once you are out you will probably be surprised at how much fun you are missing out on.

Kind regards

Gloria

• Posted

I cant have a job, doctor forbid me, since I have heart operation coming up, I am going out tonight and tomo, excited for it... life is hard but u learn to cope with it... 
  • Posted

Don't take sleeping pills! They are highly addictive and are generally horrible. I don't know how you'd feel about that and how the place you live at treats that. But i said goodbye forever to my insomnia by just smoking a little tiny joint just before i go to bed. 
    • Posted

I never take drugs at all, only headaches or period cramps. hahaha girlie I stopped smoking everything... it helps calm my nerves and stress but um operation? mmmm dont want to p*ssed my doc
  • Posted

Not sure to you shoukd smoke a joint, you can search this site and find many a horror story about smoking and how it made psychological conditions mega bad, entirely your decision of course.

Eating is difficult so perhaps little and often.

• Posted

I haven't eaten for four days now, still feel full... I did take a bit of food to be honest... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.