Be Careful and Aware of Falling

Posted , 10 users are following.

Since going into this phase of life, I have fallen, tripped and plunged forwards, backwards and sideways more times than I ever did in my lifetime. Coincidentally, my friends also in this phase have fallen more times than they recall during their lifetime. Yet, leave itto peri/menopause to give us a run for another scratch on thead asking if this related? It seems that tripping and falling, with bad beady eyesight and forgetful fog brain on the loose, we're liable to injure ourselves unknowingly and thinking that it may not be related to one of the many symptoms of this dreadful pathetic time in our lives. Well, ladies I believe it is a symptom not yet listed. looks like I broke my nose, I just hope the swelling goes down.

3 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I truly believe it is menopause because almost daily I feel like I'm gonna topple over its weird but you speak the truth and its scary
    • Posted

Yes, Monique, I felt that way too and if you're not careful and mindful of the moves you make it could be dangerous.
  • Posted

It is definitely a symtpom. I have ran into walls, bumped into tables and trying to figure out where the sore spots come from. It's crazy but it is a symtpom. I got out the car the other evening and seemed liked I was leaning to the right and getting ready to fall over. I know hormones can be an ordeal but geesh no one ever told me it could be this much of an ordeal.
  • Posted

Oh you poor dear! I'm so sorry to hear about your nose. But I can relate completely to feeling like you're going to fall over. I feel off balanced most of the time. I have bumped into walls, grazed my hip on corners in my house. It is especially scary when I have to go outside. I'm praying all the time that I don't lose my balance in the street.

My other gripe is that feeling of the room swaying. I was talking to my 15 year old niece about something and I was sitting on my bed and all of a sudden it felt the bed was swaying. No one else was in the room besides me and her but I was convinced that some of my other younger nieces and nephews were hiding under the bed and shaking it. I even asked was there someone else in the room and started looking about. I know my niece probably thought I'd lost the plot. I felt like such a spaz. My doctor prescribed Meclizine to me for dizziness. It is a very real part of menopause .

• Posted

I was prescribed Meclizine for dizziness to. I could be sitting or standing and all of sudden get that swaying feeling or take a step and get the off balance feeling.l which makes me bump into stuff. This peri/meno stuff is mind boggling.
    • Posted

I was just prescribed Meclizine this past Thursday. I haven't started taking it yet. Does it help? Have you had any side effects? She told me to take it on an as needed basis. I don't want to take something that will add to the madness. Lol!
    • Posted

I haven't taken it yet. I was told to take it as needed also. I don't like taking pills so I decided to wait until I really need it. I'm like you, don't want to add to the craziness that's already going on. I already get anxious when I get a new sensation and I don't want anything to make me have more panic attacks.
  • Posted

Pat I am so sorry to hear you fell and broke your nose. I hope it's not too painful and you heal quickly. Yes this off balance feeling can become quite crazy. I always hold onto things in the house. If someone is with me outside I hold onto their arms. Shopping I have a cart to hold onto. If I'm alone I park really close to stores and walk between cars holding onto them. Crazy what we have to go through during this change. I have been going to acupuncture for the anxiety, really helps. I will go get some meclizine at Walgreens today. Take care Pat and all you other wonderful ladies have a wonderful day😊❤️

Debbie

• Posted

They sell meclizine over the counter? I wonder why they prescribed it for me then? They could've just told me to pick it up at the store. I think they make extra when they write a script.
    • Posted

Yes you can get it at Walgreens in Dramamine or Bonine. The prescription from Doctors is probably stronger with no fillers. Hopefully the Walgreens stuff will help a little bit when needed. If not I will ask my doctor for prescription. I'm not much of a pill person either 😊. So nice to know im not alone In this off balance thing. Have a blessed day.

❤️Debbie

• Posted

Thank you Debbie, unfortunately there was nothing to hold on to. Will get through it but it is painful the fall put me shock such that I started uncontrollably crying for about a half hour then crying for about 3 more hours after it happened.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.