Be Careful and Aware of Falling

Posted , 10 users are following.

Since going into this phase of life, I have fallen, tripped and plunged forwards, backwards and sideways more times than I ever did in my lifetime. Coincidentally, my friends also in this phase have fallen more times than they recall during their lifetime. Yet, leave itto peri/menopause to give us a run for another scratch on thead asking if this related? It seems that tripping and falling, with bad beady eyesight and forgetful fog brain on the loose, we're liable to injure ourselves unknowingly and thinking that it may not be related to one of the many symptoms of this dreadful pathetic time in our lives. Well, ladies I believe it is a symptom not yet listed. looks like I broke my nose, I just hope the swelling goes down.

3 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am so glad you started this discussion - Yes! This is me too. A few weeks ago I fell outside and landed flat on my face. Luckily my nose wasn't broken (I hope your swelling goes down) .I thought I'd loosened my teeth too. I haven't been on this site for a while because I thought all my symptoms had started to fade away Oh ha ha what a joke. They returned with a vengeance! I've fallen several times over these neverending years of pathetic peri. I think my changed body shape has a part to play as I sometimes overbalance because of my 'enhanced' (enlarged) butt. One day in the supermarket I was squatting down to look at things on the bottom shelf. Then I overbalanced and was left lying on my back in the aisle with my feet in the air. I had to perform a swivelling movement and flip myself over to raise myself up. Luckily noone was close when this happened. I'd laugh but I just worry that I might fall somewhere dangerous. I am now avoiding flights of high steps if there is nothing to hang on to for support.I think I can predict if a fall is likely as my ankles turn to rubber and I have difficulty keeping my feet flat on the ground. I used to love walking but now I can't risk going anywhere that doesn't have a regular bus service, Perils of Peri ..who knew?
    • Posted

Hi Val hope you're better too. I'm recuperating

Sorry ladies my arm is in pain I can barely type. Thank you for all your responses.

• Posted

I was wondering what was going on with that, a few months ago when I kept losing my balance. So, thats another symptom of peri. 
    • Posted

yes, lenni. one not listed but very much a part of this dreadful dis-ease.
  • Posted

Oh my, ,so sorry to hear about your fall, I fell 3 weeks ago and my knee was really badly injured. 
  • Posted

this was one of the first symptoms...i felt as though while walking my legs werent falling in perfect alignment as before....i think may be due to muscles are looose in hip area
    • Posted

I exercise so that wouldn't be the issue, the issue is that sometimes I get very lightheaded short winded, dizzy then nauseous from feeling dizzy and if I don't watch myself I fall which was the case the evening I fell. It was dark, there was no rail or handles, it was raining, then out of nowhere it went dark and down I went waking up to a gash on my leg, nose, face and chin.
  • Posted

Wow, I'm not alone, and I can stop being embarrassed. I've fallen twice. The first time I just fell over in my kitchen, no dizzyness nothing, just plop on the floor, and hit my head. Then the other night, I was sitting on the pot and fell on it. My former bf told me at least I didn't fall in it. Ok.
    • Posted

Yes, sha I also almost fell off the loo once. When you fell and hit your head, it did go dark? That happened once to me, my sugar was at 900. You need to get checked that is not normal.
    • Posted

No, it didn't get dark, and my head wasn't hurt. I just thought it was strange. One minute I was standing, the next I'm laying on the floor. There is diabetes in my family, both sides, so I get a full metabolic profile every 6 months, lipid panel, etc etc
  • Posted

I fell in McDonalds one time. It was really hot out, and I looked like I had just stepped out a shower. The manager and his gf were sitting in a booth having lunch, there were other customers and workers who saw me. I have neck/back problems and osteoarthritis, was having a problem getting up. None of them asked me did I need help! I did finally get up, of course, but I thought the manager was really stupid, I could of sued.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.