Be clear on cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone worries about bleeding after menopause we all have transvaginal ultrasound and biopsys hoping and praying and many times it turns out it's not sinister xxx well I have been where you ladies are worrying and it's takin over my life xx I am now only understanding how biopsys work I had appointment with my consultant she explained that the sample they take from uterus lining is just part of the picture although it's can be negative for cancer they still need to investigate so I am having a d&c also a polyp removal what that means is they will scrape the whole of my lining out and take the polyp out send it all of th be tested there will be no where for the cancer to hide and that will be the end then as if it is it will be a hysterectomy and it's will be found sooner than later I have to face my anxiety and fears if I want live again xxx god bless us all xxxxx

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Kerry...it's very stressful isn't it....I've had 4 lots of polyps removed via hysteroscopies, all polyps were not cancerous ( they are mostly not cancer).

so try not to worry, you doctors are just being cautious and you want to get rid of the polyp anyway if you've been spotting or had tummy pain. Also if you're having a D &C they won't scape all your lining (endometrium).... That's called an ablation.

Take deep breaths, distract yourself with things you like doing, you will be fine x

• Posted

Thank You for your kindness I'm in on Wednesday I have had cell changes so I'm worried about that mine could be xxx I'm praying for good results xx

• Posted

Kerry,

I am so sorry you are going through this. Every time I have a test or procedure, I worry myself sick!! So you are in good company there. Please let us know how everything goes on Wednesday. Lots of women have gone through these procedures. You can get lots of support here. Just keep posting as much as you need to. (( hugs))

• Posted

I had my d&c in the end there is no polyp I had it done by a spinal block which worked for me but I have thickness to lining but that's all sample sent to lab but worried as I read up it could be c 😱😭

• Posted

Oh please don't google. You will worry yourself sick. When should you get the results? I am praying all will be okay.

• Posted

Thank you to be honest they said they would write to me with results I'm praying nothing is found god will get me through this xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.