Been advised that matron has some good advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi been advised matron has some good advice but can't find her on this site can anyone point me in right direction please

1 like, 12 replies

Report / Delete

12 Replies

• Posted

Not sure how to find her, she will come here and reply to ur concerns

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Karen. You can always send me a personal message or just ask me on this thread. Xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I used movicol for 3 days and then a glycerol suppository to finally have a movement since then I am not really emptying my bowels,should I continue to take movicol daily to help or can you suggest something more effective?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Karen. If you find the Movicol works for you and you feel ok when you're taking it I would advise you to keep taking it until you are about 6 weeks post op. If you find it doesn't work for you there are other stool softeners that you can get, medicine and in tablet form. The less strain you put on your bowel and pelvic floor the better and it helps you to heal faster. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for that i am also getting a lot of trapped wind should I take something for it do you think,any post op info would be good I know it's only been a week but hospital didn't give me any information and not due to go to outpatients appt for 3 months,I thought I'd be checked after 6 weeks
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I think it's sensible to wait until 3 months for a post op appointment because it's around that time he/she will know if the operation has been successful. 6 weeks can be just a bit too early. The best thing for trapped wind is peppermint water or peppermint tea if you like the taste. There are over the counter tablets you can buy from the pharmacy but I think what you're experiencing will settle very soon. The trapped wind is usually caused because of the surgery you've had because air is used to separate the different organs in the pelvic region.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Matron is the Moderator so I seem to gather they just pop on sometimes to check everybody is behaving and will put advice where they can when an answer is needed or would be helpful.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up