Been classified as 'Exempt: Informed Dissent'

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been prescribed mirtazipine 15mg for my insomina and depression since March and have had my dosaged increased to 30mg in July.

I went onto my GP's online systems today to order my repeat prescription of said medication today and that option has now disappeared and a note on my file from the GP who upped my dosage that says "Excepted from depression quality indicators: Informed dissent". Does anyone know what this means as Google isn't really helping me - the impression I get is that, without seeing me for two months, he is saying that I am no longer suffering with the problems that I went on to the medication for and that I am no longer to take the medication??

Conveniently, I can't see said GP for three weeks until the next appointment is available and I have only 5 tablets left. Is it safe for me to suddenly stop this medication and is this what my GP wants?

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do not stop the medication you will probably get withdrawal symptoms. Get in touch with your doctor and explain the situation.

• Posted

Lewis:

I've been off and on anti-depressants most of my life. I was on Imipramine 50 mg back in the 1980s. I went off of it cold-turkey and ended up with insomnia (1 hour of sleep per day) for 9 straight days with agitation. I would not recommend suddenly going off this medication. Call your GP's office and get a refill until you see the GP again.

Donald

• Posted

Why not ask for a telephone appointment from a doctor so you can ask? Or how about asking the pharmacist? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.