Been depressed for very long time

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm haven't been doing to good . Been depressed and angry for very long time . Affects my poor excuse for a life I have . Been suffering for to long . Effecting me at work also . Have days I just want it to end . Wish I didn't wake up . Been hurt and pushed to far . Just want to be happy and in peace . But can't have that . Guess I don't deserve that . Hearts so broke .

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry sounds like you lost a gf.  The good news is time will heal this type of wound and I am sure you will find someone new. I really believe that.
  • Posted

This may sound simple but have you visited a doctor and are you taking an anti-depressant?  Exercise is a wonderful tonic for depressant.  Good luck but please get help and take your meds, don't stop taking them. 

• Posted

Hi Steve,

I'm so sorry you feel this way. It's awful feeling. I've also been feeling this way for a while now. As I said to someone the other day, I didn't know there was a place past depression called 'numb', which is where I am right now.

Someone gave me some good advice the other day: live life in compartments I.e. figure out what needs to be done within the next minute, hour, day and do it without thinking about the next things that you have to do. It's not a fool proof plan for the rest of your life but it will get you through each day in the present.

Also, are you currently on any medication at the moment? I cannot tell you what a relief it is to just be calm on the antidepressants. They won't change our crumby lives but atleast we don't have to deal with the emotional upheaval that comes with living them. Take care.

• Posted

Hi Steve - sorry to read of your dilemma. Yes you do derserve peace and happiness, but you may have to do a little work to get there. The first thing to do is to see your doctor and be open and honest with him/her. You may be prescribed medications to help even out your mood. It's important that you take them according to instructions and not abandon the course just because you are feeling better. This can be dangerous to do depending on the dosage, and you will slump back to where you were. Also ask to be referred to a counsellor/therapist or psychologist, where in a safe environment you can dig benaeth the layers and find what underlying causes are driving your condition, recognise triggers and learn coping skills. You will come out feeling brighter and will learn more about yourself, which will be useful throughout your life. Don't expect results overnight - it will take time and it's best to take it one day at a time. If you feel suicidal contact Lifeline or your society's equivalent. Things will get better. Best of luck for your future.

• Posted

Little more to it than that . Lost someone very important to my life . She's someone I've been with sins 1997 . Known each other sins kindergarten . Someone I thought was a friend ran her off . It's been 3 years now . During the 3 years I've lost my family , I'm in debt , had to move , have cancer , and on the verge of loosing my job . And that's just some of everything going on .

• Posted

Steve no-one deserves to be so depressed but unfortunately some of us suffer with it , it feels like a living death . I don't have anything to offer you except my profound and sincere good wishes and hope for the future

• Posted

Really tired of living with the depression . Tired of everything going wrong for me . Then if something does go good it go's bad quick . It's like it's teasing me , brings me down more and more each time . And living with a broken heart every day . Tired of the pain and suffering . People tell me just to get over it . Yea right . That hurts me even more . Especially when they have no idea how much I have suffered and lost . Just so tired and lost . Prayed to God to help me or just take me . Tired of suffering .

• Posted

Hi Steve,

Depression and a broken heart are really tough to deal with. My heart goes out to you. Do you have a support network at all? Friends helping you through? Therapy? I'm glad that you have posted on this forum because it means you have reached out and connected with a large family you may never know you had. Although we can't sit beside you and put a reassuring arm round you, we can be with you in the pain. It's true that people will let us down in life and disappoint us. Our fellow man travelling life's highway also has the capacity for great compassion and love and that can make all the difference when the road is most difficult. You are not alone. Keep in touch and let us know how we can help & support you. Take care my friend.

• Posted

Steve I got to say you know how you're feeling I wish I can give you some sound advice I understand about not wanting to get out of bed and not wanting to put one foot in front of the other because it's just not worth it I'm trying to make it one day at a time one minute at a time one hour at a time if you need help I'm here reply back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.