Been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, my anxiety makes me feel sick 24/7, how can I stop this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 17 and I was diagnosed with depression a few months ago, I'm on pills for that and they are really helping. I recently went back to the doctors to explain how I feel sick all the time, this has come and gone throughout my life for months/weeks/years, however this time it's much worse. The doctor diagnosed me with anxiety and recommended that I get counselling. I have never been to the doctors about the sick feeling I have because my family tells me "it's all in my head" and they didn't think it was worse going to the doctors about it. I also find myself worrying about being sick as I hate it so much, I won't do certain things even if there is a slight risk that they will make me sick and I avoid people who have recently been sick.

Can anyone recommend any ways to help me calm myself down? I have tried meditation but that doesn't seem to help.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Im afraid i might know the answer here, but are you in therapy? 
    • Posted

I'm not at the moment, I've been thinking about it but want to see if there's any different things I could try

• Posted

Hello Amber

With this sickness you are describing I would advise you talk with your GP

There is nothing wrong been concerned about your health and if you have other issues these need to be taken into consideration

Let us know how you get on, Make that appointment

All the best

BOB

• Posted

Listening to calming music, relaxing in a warm bath, a hobby you enjoy?

have you tried any of these, there are calming videos on you tube that i find helpful. have a look you are bound to find something.

hope this helps

• Posted

I have an app on my phone that I listen to while I go to sleep with calming sounds on, but have never considered the others, will definitely have a look. Thankyou.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.