Been experiencing anxiety for a few weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

For about the past 2 weeks have been experiencing some pretty tough anxiety. Last night i had a panic attack . I just wanted to run. As the mother of a 3 year old, i can't always do that. A few years back my doctor prescribed Prozac. I took it but the anxiety worsened after a few days so i stopped it. I've had my bouts with it here and there but have been able to pull through. My doctor prescribed Clonazepam to take as  needed and that seems to work but i am debating if i should go back on the Prozac.  I don't want to become  addicted to anything but i want to be happy again. I just  am not sure i can go through the side affects of Prozac while being the single parent if a3 hat old. I was so nervous i could barely function.  Does anyone know of any natural remedies?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I feel for you having a 3 year old and having depression I'm 49 lads grown up so I can stay in bed if I'm not in work which us a relief for me as I've been depressed for so long 

I've been on prozac for 7 weeks and my tiredness has gone which us brilliant I've just upped gp 60 mg as I've had anxious times last few weeks with chest pain and since upping them my chest pain and Nxiety has gone it just takes time to find the right for you ect keep being patient it took at least 3 weeks to work for me x

• Posted

I've tried accupuncture which helped a bit but not long term if you find anything please let us know xx 
  • Posted

If you could get through 2 weeks maybe ask parents to help it is hard 
    • Posted

Thanks so much. Parents are not an option. Father has passed and my Mom has health issues. Going to stick with the clonazepam and see how I feel. Anxiety really sucks.
  • Posted

Hi Adonita,

Anxiety is not a pleasant thing to have. I have been through terrible panic attacks and wish it never happened to anyone.

The first 2 weeks of Prozac can be really tough. I had all the side effects specified. I understand that having a 3 year old child and going on Prozac could be difficult for you. My advice is to seek treatment and if you can find someone to look after your child (siblings/cousins/willing friends) meanwhile, it would be great.

Most importantly though, you need to sit down and analyse the reason for the anxiety. Usually there is always a source for that anxiety but it can be very deep seated in your subconscious.

After about 4 weeks of Prozac, I gained enough clarity to write down all my problems and solve it. It really helps, but you will never know what they are till you are really honest to yourself. It is painful as you are solving it, but the amazing thing is that I wondered to myself why I didn't do it before.

I am recovering, 10th week of Prozac. But my psychiatrist has warned me that it will that a long time to become stable. Also, remember, you can't be on Clonazepam for too long. It will cause dependence. I am weaning of Lorazepam as we speak.

Y.

Have to talk to with your psychiatrist or primary care physician, they will be able to guide you through it.

• Posted

Thanks so much. I hate this anxiety.   Some of it i am sure is cycle based but the effects  stay with me after.  Just the constant fear of it  happening again. Thank God so far i have presented no signs of dependency on the  Clonazepam as i have been on the same bottle for over a year. I take half of a pill and keep myself busy and ride it out when it happens. Also i have used family and friends to talk me down. I'm just tired and i want it to just go away. Sometimes i swear i don't want to work through it. I just want it gone but i know that's not the correct way. I'm hoping if i just start with 10mg of Prozac i won't have the worsened anxiety. What dosage are you taking if you don't mind my asking? 
  • Posted

Hi Adonita,

For the first few weeks I was on 40mg and it really gave me bad anxiety. I reduced to 20mg and I am on 20mg ever since. But it is subjective. You need to identify what is your correct dose. I believe starting on 10mg is not such a bad idea. I am currently in my 10th week. I do get occasional anxiety, but it is all in the mind. If I choose to ignore some thoughts, the anxiety disappears. Try meditation and deep breathing exercises. Start now as it requires lots of practice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.