Been having chest discomfort for around 2 months with other strange symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I would like to apologize for my poor grammar in advance. I'm a 21 year old healthy male. Around 2 months ago I felt as if I was having a heart attack. Chest pain, left arm numbness and other symptoms. Honestly around that time it felt as if my blood wasn't circulating right. I went to urgent care and they did an ekg and ran my blood test and told me everything was fine and just labeled it as stress or anxiety. Over the next two weeks after things started to get better. But then I started getting chest discomfort again and muscle spasms all around my body everywhere. I also feel fatigued almost all the time. So after about a week of that I again went to urgent care and they did another ekg and a chest X-ray. They again said everything looked fine. They also ran more blood test and told me I was vitamin D deficient and had high vitamin B12. They told me to take 2000iu of vitamin d and refered me to a cardiologist. I went to the cardiologist and he said he honestly thinks my heart is fine but is scheduling me for a echocardiogram this coming Wednesday. I just don't understand everyone keeps telling me my heart is fine but what could be causing this? Another thing is that my right arm has been incredibly week recently and it seems as though all the spasms and now occurring only there. Could this be a sign of a stroke? I smoke marijuana on occasion and when I did recently it seemed to really trigger my right arm pain and just overall my syptoms. And that would never happen before all of this started. I just don't understand what is wrong with me I can't do anything without feeling fatigued 5 mins later. Any input would be greatly appreciated as I am literally losing my mind over this. Thank you

- Dillan

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'd like to say I have found the answer but unfortunately I've had similar problems for the past 7 years and as far as the doctors are concerned they have done everything test available and come up with no cause so have decided it has to be in my head or anxiety wich is as you know not helpful when you live with it everyday and need to get on with your life.the only good new is I've seen a lot of people in the same situation so I can assure you your not going nuts or loosing your mind.hopefully you will find an expert that is willing to look further than the set list of tests that we don't seem to fit into

• Posted

Thank you I appreciate your response! Have you ever taken any medication for anxiety to make it better?
    • Posted

I have tried antidepressants/beta blockers /and even muscle relaxants but nothing has helped I do get times when I actually feel normal but they are few and far between my last visit to the doctors he recommended a self help book but I get the problem even if I completely relaxed or under pressure it makes no difference inow if they would cut off the left hand side of my body that would work just fine for me. As time goes on you will find it effects relationships as well because no one beleaves it's real so I wish you the best of luck with a solution especially being so young as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.