Been on 30mg mirt for 2 months now, was briefly upped to 45mg for 2 weeks, but dropped back to 30mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

dropped back to 30mg because of the weight gain, im not feeling any better in these 2 months, is it time for a change of meds?

thoughts please x

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gina I was on them for almost 4 months came off them yesterday. . The weight gain & cravings didn't stop I think I felt great on them for about 2-3weeks. Now I feel my head is gona pop ..
  • Posted

what are you on now Sharon? 

thinking of going to A&E tonight to access the crisis team, I cant go on like this x

• Posted

Alot of people seem to go on citrolpram of what I can see.. Iv been put on venlafaxine
    • Posted

been on both of them, was on citalopram for 15years, worked great then just stopped working, i switched to mirt from venlafaxine, good luck hun x
    • Posted

Oh you sound like me.. tried alsorts .. the iv been on venlafaxine many years ago too ..nt I'm on lithium too & there's not many drugs that can be taken with it..good luck to u x
  • Posted

I'm on mirtazapine and venlafaxine, which worked better for me in combination - that's a possibility you might try.
    • Posted

thanks, i will mention that to the psychiatrist when i go to hospital later tonight x
  • Posted

Hi Gina,

Hang on in there.

I got a bad reaction on the higher doses. It did nothing for my depression and gave me insomnia. I've dropped back to 15mg over the course of the last week and my sleep has returned which has made me a bit brighter. Still depressed but not so much as I was on the higher dose and no anxiety or panic.

Much love to you.

• Posted

Hi everyone 

I'm in a terrible state I've been on mir for nearly 3 months I've gained 2 stone!!!! I said last time to my doctor I was so scared of gaining weight as my weight is a huge issue for me, his response was that it's not one of the side effects you'll be fine. I'm due to see him in two weeks and I feel more depressed now and a huge part of that is down to weight gain. 

Please someone tell me it is this medication cause right now I'm feeling so down x

• Posted

Oh its definately the Mirt' - I gained 20 lbs+, very very difficult to lose whilst on any dose above 5mg, I'm only on 5 mg because I'm tapering off it slowly.

• Posted

I feel your pain felicity, exactly the same has happened to me .iv been on it since Dec .. 15mg 2weeks later 30mg.. Iv been in such a bad way over it. It doesn't stop either ..Iv been on the strictest diet ..as soon as I ate carbs I put 2lb back on.. the cravings at night unbelievable. I came off mirt yday.
    • Posted

Yes I started Dec also straight on at 35mg. I'm annoyed my doctor assured me it wouldn't cause weight gain. I'm going to ask to come off it because it's like being trapped in a body I don't recognise 
    • Posted

Let us know how you get on Gina. Good luck.
    • Posted

Yes let us know how you get on. Hopefully my doctor will listen to me this time x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.