been on citalopram for 4 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been in citalopram for 4 weeks and have recently had a really funny head I keep getting tension like headaches and shootin pains is it normal

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I had similar. I still get headaches most days, all the other symptoms have gone, give it a few more weeks. If you are worried call the GP. I was told that 6 weeks is still early for the medication. I can only go on how I am, but if you are worried see your doctor. Do you have follow ups? If so mention then. What dosage are you on? 
    • Posted

Hi I am only on 10 mg for anxiety and depression it has helped with my anxiety but I just keep getting these headaches feels different to any other headache I have had but it seem to go when I sleep but gets bad early afternoon time and because of my anxiety I worrie it's a brain tumor I booked an emergency appointment at the doctors the other day because I didn't feel right but they said it was an emergency n said it was just the citalopram giving me headachessad but still worrie it's a tumor I no it's sounds silly because I am only 20 years old
    • Posted

Wasn't an emergency not was lol
    • Posted

I'm going into week 7 on 10mg and still don't feel much relief. I've also been experiencing pain in the back of my neck on the left side and headaches. And occasional nausea. sad
    • Posted

It's not silly, I understand. Did you speak or see a doctor? If you are worried go and ask to see another doctor! Tell them how worried you are? As I said I get headaches most days, last night was bad, but just a little one to day. 
    • Posted

I had nausea for the first few days of taking it but occasionaly I will get that but I get headaches and shooting pain seems to be more on the left side of my head
    • Posted

Yeah I did see a doctor and they think that the citalopram it causing the headaches and because I worrie about my health alot they put it down to my anxiety when I worry about si
    • Posted

Something
    • Posted

Well that is a bit of a relief to me. I just feel so detached at times...not dizzy but kind of off balance...not sure how to explain it in words. I'm afraid I'm dying as silly as it sounds. I've had blood work and it was normal...just can't seem to accept it. I'm so pale and lost 10lbs due to lack of appetite.
    • Posted

i no exactly how you feel because that is how i feel i keep thinking that i am dying to i am startinh to feel a bit more positive about things but now i have headaches and i worrie it is a brain tumor and before i started my treatment i was really pale and lost alot of weight. and the dizzy off balace type feeling i have that to and also feel really detached and weird it is hard to explain almost like your moving even when your sitting still sort of thing.. 
    • Posted

If you are still worried speak to another doctor! Just to put your mind at rest. It does like like that most of us on citalopram has the headaches. But if you still worried speak to another doctor! It's not a problem.
    • Posted

yeah maybe your right im sure it not a brain tumor or i hope i have done research and it says brain tumors rarely come with headaches and if they do its normally worse in morning and during the night which is the complete opposite i am seeing my doctor in a couple weeks time and i will have a chat and see what she says 
    • Posted

I'm glad you are seeing the doctor, if do you do worry anymore just call them, that is there job. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    • Posted

Aw Shleby...I honestly worry about the same thing a brain tumor...and a few others but I won't add to it for you wink I've felt this for two months now almost constantly. It all started by what I was told was a major panic attack. I'm so tired all the time absolutely no motivation...I try to push myself tho. I have a follow up dr appt next week...I wanna beg for an MRI but I don't think they will do one cause they keep saying it's anxiety. I've just never experienced it like this and for so long sad
    • Posted

yeah your right thanks for your comments on the situation 
    • Posted

sounds like your in the exact same position as me i kept suffering from panic attack or what the dotors think are panic attacks which were horrible i would go dizzy like i would pass out i couldnt see a thing when this happend  i couldnt breath my heart would race and i would go white as i sheet and i would then be sick then it would stop i had an ecg cause i was worried about my heart but it came back all normal but now i have headaches i want an mri to but they just put everything down to my anxiety and it annoys me alot but we no are bodys better than the doctors n if we dont feel right then we dont feel right and they have to realise with anxiety you need to have things done to keep your mind at rest it is suprising how many phsyical body symptoms you get from anxiety but its still worring so im goin to demand for an mri to 
    • Posted

I always thought I had panic attacks...but the night this started was something I never experienced. I was driving and didn't feel right. My vision blurred for a second so I pulled over...my heart began racing and skipping. I thought I was going to seriously die. I called my husband he could hear my voice shaking. My mouth was so dry..everything looked weird maybe like tunnel vision? Well I've had a rare few hours where I've felt like myself since. Other than that I'm not me. Do you constantly feel off? I'm now terrified to drive alone.
    • Posted

yeah that is how i felt when i had an attack i felt very detached and weird in my situation like i needed to get away from the people i was near and yeah i do constantly feel off and i found that i made myself worse because i was scared to go into shops and stuff because if another attack came on because even though you dont feel anxious they come out of no where and they say  the dizzyness from panic attacks it due to hyperventalating i found the citlopram has stopped my panic attacks but still feel constantly off its hard to explain the feeling and my voice would also go very shaky during an attack and i would also sweat alot to 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.