been on mirtazapin for one week and feel so ill

Posted , 5 users are following.

been on mirtazapin for one week at 30mg, i feel so ill on them soso tired and week cant go to work or do much else, can someone tell me how long this will last for ,, And  eat i cant stop even though i feel so ill , 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracy, I was on Mirtz for about 6 weeks and I had to come off it because those side effects never wore off, just felt so tired, ill and lethargic on Mirtz.It never made me eat though. 
  • Posted

Hi Tracy

Just on my first day today......  I must agree.  Feel like sh..t.  I can only hope that people that have been on this drug can help us....  Had a lot of good feed back so far.  They seem very happy to help and know more about the effects etc....

Its best to listen to the people who know more...  I will and hopefully will get an answer..

K

• Posted

Hi Tracy,

I've been on 30 mg Mirtazipine for about 5-6 weeks now and 3-4 weeks in I was starting to feel fine but still couldn't manage to get back to work ( I've been signed off for quite some time now ). Im now on week 5 or 6 and I feel so ill,i'm more anxious,so tired,don't eat very often and find it relly hard to wake up in the mornings now. I was on tablets called Sertreline and to be rather feel like this than when i was on Sertreline as they really messed me up. This type of medication and some other types work differently on each individual so don't panic if you read peoples replies about feeling ill after being on them for so many weeks. I hope that things settle down for you and you can get back to normality.

• Posted

Hi All, 

I've been on Mirt for just coming upto 2 years.

I am currently on a withdrawal programme to get me off this medication...

Personally I wish I had never started this medication... I'm not an anti Mirtazapine person as I have had both positive and negative effects from this...

On the plus my suicidal thought have gone down dramatically ...

On the negative ... I have put 4.5 stone on and my anxiety levels have increased... Sometimes leaving me house bound for 7 days at a time.

So really I can't advise you what to do, just give you my experiences so you can make an informed decision...

What I would add tho is... A few weeks here and there isn't really long enough to see if a med suits you... If your gona giv it a go... Giv it 12 weeks...

Good Luck All x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.