been on my tablets now for 3-4months

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi im new to this site and any help would be much apprecitated 

ive been taking mirtazipine for 2-3 months tried sertraline before that which i had too many side effects from to continue i started with 15mgs of mirtazipine for a month and now on 30mgs daily the truth is since starting my meds i dont feel any better i actually feel much worse anxiety is terrible to the point where going outside is getting to much depression keeps me awake im also self harming im sorry if thats not acceptible to put but i feel as im going out of my mind i see the doctor reguly and waiting for 121 councilling i tried the online councilling but didnt feel like it was helping ive no friends and family live a good travel distance away i dont feel like im getting much support im i just had yet another panic attack and as much as i try and stay calm i cant any help or advice for me its acually taken me alot longer to type this than it normally would have in the past 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steve,

im supprised that if you are self harming you have not been referred for assessment. I don't know where you are in the country or even the world for that matter but I think you will need to see a crisis team soon. Firstly I think you need to find a form of self help that can help you remain in control while help is arranged. Sorry to ask an awkward question but have you told your GP the extent of your symptoms including the self harming? As for self help have you tried meditation, relaxation etc, often with anxiety and depression we can let our minds get cluttered and run wild. I use meditation a lot and it helped me the last time I felt the urge to self hard (about a week ago). Stay strong my friend and believe you are not alone and while the system is often slow it will help you.

you have my friendship and courage 

David

• Posted

thx for the advice meditation and relaxation dont think thats my thing but maybe i could try the only reason i say this is i find it really hard to relax the way i am suppose that would be the learning part of relaxation though 
    • Posted

Then Steve sitting meditation is for you. Takes five minutes to learn what to do and the rest of your life practicing how to get it right 😉
    • Posted

Oh yes a book Zen Mind, Beginners Mind, it's deep and often confusing but it will either make sense or not that is up to you and how open you can become.
  • Posted

Hi Steve if your meds aren't helping,  you might need to change.  I tried 2 before I found the one I take now (sertraline) as often it is trial and error.  I would advice you to go back to the doctor to discuss this.  Bev x
    • Posted

yeah think your right these dont seem to be helping me at all i really do feel worse than when i started any meds i know it takes time for the tablets to get into the system its been a good few weeks now and to feel the change getting worse i just dont know what to do anymore thanks for advice 
    • Posted

Steve

it takes much longer than a few weeks for the medicine to take effect.  I am a month and a bit in and am only now reaping some benefits.  Certainly talk with your dr.  I know everyone is different but just wanted you to know it could take awhile longer.

take care

lynda

• Posted

Sorry.  Just retread your msg.  You have been on these meds for a couple of months so you should see some improvement.  I would ck with your dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.