been on prozac for 6 weeks ! help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello

i suffer from anxiety and moderate depression i ended up taking 20 mg of Fluoxetine as my doc prescried it to me with atarax to help me sleep at night 

i have had some good day , i'm so up and down .. side effect come and go i have had good 3rd week and 5 week others i was up and down 

now i don't know what should i do the stomach pain is back now at week 6 and i have been having tension headach for past 5 days

i feel like i'm more out going and i laugh more when i'm at my good days

my anxiety got better but i'm not sure if i'm having stomch problem as a side effect or it's just my anxiety since i can go out in group of people without problem

hellp any advice thankks ' i'm going to see doc when i finih my 8 weeks " 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've been on prozac 17 day's didn't have stomach cramps until yesterday it was awful I'm taking Avery small dose trying to go up slow like you I don't know where I can stand it Iknow it's been Avery short period of time and small dose but the side effects are killing me panic attacks are awful. I was taking it at night might try that again

• Posted

those side effect are so unpredictable , headache are killing me stomach cramps as well , btw i took 20 mg from the first day i did not go up slow

i really don't know what to expect 

i just hope things will get better for both of us 

• Posted

Dibdnt take medicine today to see how I would feel bad mistake I feel like I've been kicked in the head I'm going to start taking it at night I was taking it.     until 2 days ago feel better taking at night

• Posted

First two to three weeks can be awful while it settles so stick it out, I had a couple of good weeks after that then a few dad days but it does settle........ It can take weeks and weeks but stick with the plan it's worth it in the long run.

• Posted

is oky to still experience side effect esspecialy headach at week 7 ? ( i can go outside with no anxiety just experiencing a bad tension in the head 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.