been on sertraline 5 weeks

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I've been on sertraline 5 weeks today 3 weeks 50 mg and 2 weeks 100 I am a lot better than I was before I started still got negative worrying thoughts but no ware near as much as before I started sertraline will this med eventually stop all together? Or is that too much to ask haha? And also I have a panic attack more or less every night before I go to sleep I'm hoping it's eventually going to work for that too any reply much appreciated xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I was just given that plus buspar yesterday. Todays first day taking it and i feel like it triggered an anxiety attack. Did it for you at first?
    • Posted

I was given sertraline 50mg and have been on it for a week and 3 days. I have been having the 24/7 derealization feeling I'm hoping the sertraline will help. I had my 2nd child 9 weeks ago via c section and then about a month ago my high school friend passed away. I had a lot of anxiety with those things and I think that's what threw me all into this mess. I have been given buspar also. Haven't taken it yet but I'm hoping it will ease my anxiety until this sertraline kicks in!

• Posted

What's buspar? Never heard of that and yea made me experience suisidle thought also which I've never experienced in my life as I wasn't depressed just server anxiety and panic but I am a lot better than when I started but I'm still not 100 percent me x

• Posted

After a on buspar an sertraline i havent felt much anxiety and actually had normal days i could enjoy
  • Posted

GEORGIA 

Mediation take time to work, you need to give them time. Drugs help supress Depression and Anxiety. They do not cure, they give you and your Health Professionals the chance to change your life around and also put your life into perspective

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.