Been on sertraline 8 month

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive been on sertraline for 8 month, 100mg and drink every 2 days (at least 2 bottles of wine) to keep me happy, does this mean that the dose isnt right or is it just a personal thing??

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

2 bottles of wine every 2 days?  That's 7 bottles a week and around 42 units a week.  That's far too much as men should be a maximum of 21 units and women 14.  Do you think you are an alcoholic?

Alcohol is a depressant and there is no point in taking any ad if you are going to carry on drinking at this level. I think you need to seek treatment for your alcohol abuse.  x

• Posted

Are you saying the 100 mg is not working for you and you have to drink wine to  compensate?   Thats a lot of wine for sure.  I think it's going to be hard to tell how the sertraline is working with the alcohol that is a depressant.  It's  possible you ended up needing setraline because of your alcohol usage. Remember the high you are getting with the wine is only temporary then it quickly becomes a depressant. I suggest you talk to your Dr. about the drinking  so he/she can help you determine how you can live your best life and a happy one. Good luck and let us know. 

• Posted

Hi katie i have been on sertraline for about 4 years went up to 150mg a day, never changed or helped me. I still take it now but just got good ay hiding things, i am here if you want to talke
  • Posted

I've been on 100mg Sertraline for about a year, it's fine but of course each person's needs are different.

But was it the Sertraline or the wine which you were asking about?! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.