been on these tablets for a week not good

Posted , 3 users are following.

have been taking these tablets for a week now and have had side effects other than an increased appetite and weigh GAIN!!!!! I have never craved so much food in my life its not that i can ignore it cos i get that sickly feeling you get when you havent eaten in a while and it does not go away. Anybody else suffered from this. If there is more weigh gain next week I think i will have to stop them altogether. Any help gratefully received.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debsg

Not heard of this happening but give yourself a chance with taking them, sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to notice and you could have gained weight from what you ate before you started taking them, try looking at your portion sizes, what are they like? what are you eating between meals and drink plenty of water to stave off the hunger feeling.

hope that helps a little, good luck and keep trying, Ive just a whole month after losing about 2 and half stones that the scales didnt seem to budge and I quite honestly was getting really fed up, but I persevered and have just started losing again, it will be worth it in the end, also you could try getting out and walking or starting a new hobby that will take your mind of food,

MM

• Posted

hi thanks for the advice. We have brought a new dog so am getting plenty of walking and also started the wii fit again oh and started a new job at my sons school which means walking to and fro to a lot more we do not have cars so we tend to walk everywhere any so it not lack of excercise I dont think but have put on about 4lb in the last week since starting the tablets. will give them until the end of this packet to see if anything happens but am not holding out much hope, thanks again for you encouragement and heres hoping!!!!!!
  • Posted

Hi debsg,

Glad your gonna keep going, this site is very supportive so go girl. I too have a wii fit and find it really good and fun! Although have problem with mine and trying to get it replaced :-( everywhere out of stock again!!!!!

My neighbour has just started coming out on my walks with me with her dog so thats great you have the dog to take out, have you a friend that you can go with, we have a chat while walking which I hope burns extra calories lol and the time passes really quickly its better than meeting up for a coffee and danish lol

Good luck and keep us posted how you getting on,

Take care

MM

• Posted

Hi Debs

Welcome to the group, Don't give up!

The first 2 weeks i was on the tablets i felt hungry all the time, it just takes a little getting used to trying to change what you eat.

If you exercise alot then you could probably intake a lot more calories than you are doing so currently, avg for females in 2000 per day. so you could fill up on low fat carbs, plenty of veg and fruit. I always find a quick sugar fix helps me as well, so mini bags of jelly sweets or weight watchers cakes after tea helps.

good luck,

Carley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.