Been outside today

Posted , 11 users are following.

5 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy tomorrow. I have been outside my house for 3 hours today. I shaved my legs in the shower and after the shower, I put on makeup! I went to the shop...alone. I had a 30 minute car ride (not driving), I spent 45 minutes being shown around a place where I am thinking of applying for a job and then I had a 30 minute ride home. Then I made dinner.

I am currently sitting waiting for the tiredness, pain, spotting and swelling that others have reported but so far so good. Please, please, please let this mean that I can now do more stuff.

If I wake up tomorrow in agony, I will be gutted

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think you have done far too much but you go girl. 5 weeks I was still on the sofa in my pj's. Well done you. But be carefull because you can take a few steps back.xx
    • Posted

Until today, so was I but I am sooo sick of being an invalid. I'll let you know what I'm like tomorrow
  • Posted

What a fantastic day you have had.  Fingers crossed for you that you wake up tomorrow bright as a button.

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

I have my fingers crossed for you!!....I will be 5 weeks on Thursday and went out for a couple of hours with hubby at the weekend ( it's driving me crazy being in the house all week).....I'm still struggling to walk very far though...I'm fine pottering around the house, up and down the stairs several times a day......bit sore today but you have given me hope!!! Xx
  • Posted

Hi Christelle.So glad you had a good day today.I am 8 weeks post TAH and dolled myself up yesterday to out for afternoon tea with my wonderful family which was lovely.However today i am really sore again and finding it really painful to sit upright on a chair so am back lounging on the sofa.Apart from a friend from work coming round for coffee at lunchtime all i have felt like doing is making dinner tonight. Is anybody else still having bad days at eight weeks following a bit of activity the day before?Have a good rest tomorrow wont you?

Love Sharon x

• Posted

I keep reading lots of posts that some people are still having good and bad days at 16/17 weeks.......my husband has booked 3 days in florence at the end of April as something to look forward to.....I will be nearly 11 weeks then ( 5 weeks this Thursday)...... I'm so hoping I'm going to be good for it!!!
    • Posted

Well just don't no how you are going to feel. Iam 17 weeks or 16 I had my op 15th Nov and I would still not be upto going away. But everyone is different. Did you have a bikini cut? Xx
    • Posted

Yes, it's quite a big scar, I'm hoping it's going to shrink!!!!!......it might br sitting in street cafés for me....!!! But it does mean I have something to work towards!!! X
    • Posted

I honesty thought i would be ok by now. Even though i had a cut and ovaries and tubes removed the hospital said six weeks recovery.Well they can stick that where the sun don't shine in my opinion as it is totally unrealistic. I wasn't even given a follow up appointment but since having two infections since week six my GP has asked for a follow up with my consultant as she thinks there could be either fluid or a hematoma as i constantly feel a pressure/bearing down sensation which no one warned me about.Also post op my holiday insurance have declined anything to do with my op for a year so we have booked to go to a cottage in Cornwall this year just to be safe. I really couldn't even think about airports and flying at the moment so must be feeling poorly still.You will love Florence -we called into there from a cruise last year and it was beautiful, maybe i am just a bit unlucky with my recovery at the moment but i am still not driving as a real pulling sensation on right hand side of groin,scar area,only walking about 40 minutes twice a day and still not back at work yet As my consultant said to my OH on the morning of my op "This is a major op with a major recovery period "

No sh*t Sherlock - i would love to see a bloke go through this although not my hubby as he has been an absolute rock bless him Can tell football is on this is the longest post i have written to date. Have a great evening ladies, live Sharon x

• Posted

Bless you well just worry on getting better ans think about the scar after I don't care about mine you can not see it. I still can not feel it. Will you be flying when you go away? But yes you can just sit in lovely cafes and watch everyone else. I was so low in the end I needed to have some pills to make me feel better and I've picked up alot within a week so now I feel like Iam on the road to getting back to my 100% xx
    • Posted

Make sure you take your socks to put on when you are flying. Xx
    • Posted

You only should wear them for 6 weeks. But because you are up in the air no moving about and after you op you can be prone to deep thrombosis. My dad had is knee done last year ans he needed to wear them on a 3 hour flight. I would just check with your docter xx
    • Posted

Yep 6 weeks is totally unrealistic unless you are young and extremely fit and do not encounter any infections etc.  I felt like a bit of a failure when I had to have extra 3 days after 6 weeks off work and when I went back it was for 2 weeks before 2 weeks hol at Christmas, I should not have gone back when I did as my Christmas hols were spent fighting viral infections.  Glad you are taking things easy, hope you feel better soon.

Deb

• Posted

Sharon you sound just like I was. Iam 16 or 17 weeks I forgot lol but Iam getting there at last but still not 100% or 90%. Keep in there you will see the light. Iam still waiting to see the light lol xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.