Been sick for too long

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been throwing up everyday for the past two years. They HAVE tried to diagnose me with these GERD, gastritis, slowing, etc etc....

But NO meds have worked there either.

I have lost 150 lbs in the last two years (yes, very drastic weight loss, I know). I had 16 different DR appointments last month. I've had the GIs , and even the one where you drink the "glue-like" substance, and they X Ray the entire process. Nerve tests, blood work(Egh, the BLOOD WORK I've had), x-rays, CT scans, ultrasounds, stress test, venous, echo, EKGs, EEGs, and NOTHING! I know I'm not stating all the tests I've had...

Oh, blood was several DIFFERENT types as well.

Now, I can hold one thing down......sometimes I get lucky(3 out of 8 times)....a lunchable. Or random junk food....but mostly I will STILL throw this up!

I'm getting depressed watching people enjoy their meals.....it truly does sadden me.

1 like, 2 replies

Report / Delete

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there it's not nice having undiagnosed conditions as I know myself. so I'm not trying to suggest this isn't a real problem for you. But I was wondering if you being sick May have started off as a physical problem e.g. tummy bug or something that has solved its self. but you actually then started to expect to be sick after eating so you get yourself so worked up and anxious that you actually make yourself sick. And as you say you normally get away with small bits of junk food it could be that you don't think to much about eating them so don't get worked up. Hope you feel better soon

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I can't believe the tests don't show anything!  Are you pregnant? Tumor?  Have you seen a GI doctor? Is it your medication? Or it could be psychological!  Try eating dry toast, rice, crackers or drink ginger ale.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up