Been struggling with shortness of breath and acid reflux for the past 3 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there,

I'm new to the group and desperate for advise.

So 3 months ago I had an itch in my throat that escalated into dysphagia, shortness of breath, anemia, acid reflux and generally feeling tired.

I did a chest x-ray, abdominal ultrasound, and neck scan cause I also have swollen nodes on my neck. One node is just above my collar bone on the left.

I did bloods and doctors can't find anything.

I recently tested for Thalassemia and autoimmune disorders and awaiting results.

I'm just praying God provides a solution cause this has been scary.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hellooooo ive been having the same issues for over 2yrs now and yet still not diagnosed with anythink. had the usual tests and all come bk fine olther then swollon intestines showing on a canoscopy. Acid reflux they say and prescrubed me omerazprozole and they have never worked for me sad. but to be onnest i can handle the belly grumbles and odd stabbing Pains. but its the breathlessness that bothers me too and i carnt even say i have good days anymore. I have bad and worse days lol. But mostly its feeling breathless thats the big one for me it impacts my life daily. and its even worse at night and my chest gurgles at night aswell ?????? Does your chest make gurgling noises or poping sounds . Im sure my doc thinks im making it all up lol. hopefully u find ur cure and it passes in time. Wish mine would give me a break

• Posted

Omg!!!! These sound like my symptoms. My chest make the weird "grrr" sound and pops!!! 

I am hoping to receive my results by end of the week! Will keep you posted.

The shortness of breath is scary cause I tire from eating, too.

Let's hope we find healing soonest 

• Posted

We can keep our fingers xd we find a solution smile ill be glad to just have a normal day haha
    • Posted

im waiting to have another canoscopy as my problems havnt gotten any better over the past 2years sick of goin to my docs tbh he just keep giving me the same meds i clearly state to him that they dont work for me
    • Posted

I hope you will be seeing a different doctor this time?

Please do keep me updated with your progress. 

In the interim, let us be hopeful that we will find healing. 

And thank you for responding.

• Posted

Hi Jesica.  Ive had the same symptoms minus the lump on my collar bone for 18 months now . I was diagnosed with LPR twelve months ago and now gastritis as well .  I also have an autoimmune condition and my ent thinks that they are all related.  The problem is the medication I take for my autoimmune aggravates my acid reflux so it’s a viscous circle for me .  I hope they find some answers for you as it is very scarey not knowing 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.