Been suffering with anxiety and now getting pains in my head

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been suffering from anxiety for a good couple of months now. 

But for the past three days i've found myself with sharp pains in the back of my head and trouble with my vision. I stupidly googled and it came up with of course something grim which I have now managed to convince myself I have. 

Has anyone experienced sharp pains in their head relating to anxiety? 

I'm beginning to panic and could do with some reassurance. 

Thanks! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophie smile firstly, if you are ever worried about something it never hurts to get it checked by your GP. Sometimes that short chat with your doctor about how youre feeling and the accompanying reassurance from them really can make all the difference.

I get pains in my head from anxiety. I also sometimes have issues with my eyes because of it. These are sometimes visual issues or sensations in my eyes.

I wouldn't recommend that you google anything. All you will find are frightening illnesses and you will only make the anxiety over what you are experiencing worse.

Visit your GP first to be properly diagnosed and take it from there smile

• Posted

I know it was a stupid slip - I've been telling myself not to google! 

Oh okay. Well I have an appointment booked anyway for next week as i'm awaiting CBT so I can discuss it then. 

it's odd how it's just come on. Sharp pains throughout the day and then of course I focus on my vision and test myself to see if I can see. 

Thanks for your reassurance. Just need to try and relax. 

• Posted

Sophie,

That's a great start smile

I would recommend that you use the time between now and your appointment to write down any sensations, emotions of thoughts which scare you. That way you can clearly and concisely share exactly what is needed with your GP. Not only will this prevent you from leaving your appointment and suddenly remembering things you forgot to mention (and then worrying about them,) but it will better aid your GP in diagnosing your anxiety and symptoms.

If you don't feel able to read it out you can simply hand it to your GP to read and then hopefully they will go through each thing with you and offer an explanation.

CBT is great as I undertook it myself. I would also recommend counselling. These two things may not get rid of your anxiety entirely, but more importantly than that they will provide you the tools to understand and manage your feelings. This is key.

• Posted

Hello sophie

When you Google you make yourselves so very unhappy and everyone who is trying to help you.

Anxiety does cause headaches, although because I do feel you should have it checked I would make an appointment with your GP and sort it there

We are always around

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.